PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Lebron James Game-Used Jersey Question

ticalnza
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Lately I've been in the hunt for a game-used Lebron James jersey. I ran across ebay item #220099397284, which has been authenticated as a game-used jersey by two companies. One of the company's, Upper Deck Authenticated, states on the COA that, "This item is not limited."

I know Upper Deck sells UDA autographed Lebron jerseys on their web site all the time, but none deemed game-used. Common sense tells me not to bid on this auction only because the UDA COA doesn't say anything whatsoever about the jersey being game-used, and, once again, it also says "This item is not limited."

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

otismalibu
04-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Isn't the UDA COA for the autograph only? That's how I read it. And I'd assume This item is not limited simply means this isn't a limited signing like where UDA might have 123 King James signed jerseys that are numbered /123.

I've got an old ABA NY Nets yearbook that is signed by Dr. J. and has a UDA COA. It wasn't limited either. Someone just got in line and had it signed, but there happened to be an Upper Deck witness handing out COAs for items that he signed that day.

At least that's my interpretation :)

ticalnza
04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Actually the COA reads, "This Lebron James Cavaliers game jersey is autographed by Lebron James. Lebron's signature was witnessed by and Upper Deck Authenticated representative as part of UDA's patented 5-step hologram process. This item is not limited"

So I believe UDA's COA is for the jersey and the autograph, but it only states "game jersery," and not "game-used jersey."