PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds Game Used Bat

NegleyPirate
04-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone seen that Bonds was using a SSK game used bat? Or at least thats what it looked like. Does anyone know if he is done using Sam Bats??

whatupyos
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes Barry is using SSK!! There was a write up in the local paper here in the bay area. He is done with SAM bats and will be using SSK a Japanese company bat. I thought it was interesting myself but from what I remember from previous threads SAM bats was getting expensive. I believe Eric Byrnes who used SAM bats for a while went back to LVS. He might still use them occasionally but from what I've seen in spring training he was swinging a blonde LVS. Hope this helps.

Aaron

NegleyPirate
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes Barry is using SSK!! There was a write up in the local paper here in the bay area. He is done with SAM bats and will be using SSK a Japanese company bat. I thought it was interesting myself but from what I remember from previous threads SAM bats was getting expensive. I believe Eric Byrnes who used SAM bats for a while went back to LVS. He might still use them occasionally but from what I've seen in spring training he was swinging a blonde LVS. Hope this helps.

Aaron Aaron thanks for the info! Can you get Barry Bonds gamer SSK??

ticalnza
04-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Here is an excerpt from the article:

"Mother Nature, in tandem with financial issues, has put Ottawa-based Sam Bats manufacturer Sam Holman months behind in filling his 2,000 major league orders. There wasn't a solid freeze in Ottawa this winter until Jan. 20. The odd weather caused persistent flooding in Holman's prime logging yard, so he wasn't able to start sawing timber until mid-February. "Global warming does exist," Holman said in a phone interview Wednesday. "We're way, way behind."

Holman also was delayed by financial restructuring, which he expects to complete next month. He is in the process of selling The Original Maple Bat Company, but he hasn't gotten the right deal yet. The production line is starting up again and Holman said he believes he'll eventually be able to fill Bonds' order for 75 prime pieces of lumber. But it will take time. Holman doesn't cut corners in the selection and drying process, and Bonds' bats are under particular scrutiny every step of the way. Holman plans to ship nine bats to Bonds before the season.

whatupyos
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Mike,

I'll keep my eye out for an SSK bat.

Aaron

cjmedina1
04-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Aaron

Aaron

Can you clear something up for me?When you say Sam bats are getting expensive,What do you mean?What does a bat cost to a player?If there crying over a 20-50 dollar bat,They need to take a step back and look at their PAYCHECK:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

bubbrubb25
04-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Sam bats are more that $20-$50 if you search them on the internet some of them i think are over $100.

allstarsplus
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Sam bats are more that $20-$50 if you search them on the internet some of them i think are over $100.You are probably right if you were buying in small quantity. The bat companies want the big name guys using their bats so they are paying way below retail.

The players are generally buying their bats. Not a big deal for a Major Leaguer but a big deal for your Minor League players.

The price breakdown for a MLB quality SAM w/ shipping is going to run around $70-$80 depending on if it is natural, painted, 2-tone, etc. That is a big increase from a few years ago. If the player has a bat contract with a particular company, then prices will vary to previously agreed on prices.

Newer companies like MAX bat are much less than SAM at $45 to $60 for a Maple bat that is MLB quality.

Can you clear something up for me?When you say Sam bats are getting expensive,What do you mean?What does a bat cost to a player?If there crying over a 20-50 dollar bat,They need to take a step back and look at their PAYCHECK:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net (carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net)
The $20 to $50 range is generally the range for most MLB quality bats made in the good ole USA like Rawlings and LS ash bats. Other woods will be a premium price to ash.

Andrew

Th

indyred
04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Didn't Bonds go back and use some Louisville Slugger M9 late last season. I know someone posted a picture of him using one.