PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Rose jacket. Opinions?

kingjammy24
01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Howard? Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8747130170

thanks,
Rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Aren't Cal Ripken's limo driver and Pete Rose's house painter authenticators for Grey Flannel?

Swoboda4
01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
As I said in member huston-street's similar thread,b-e-collectibles is back. This is another example of an item they're offering that needs examining. They never before posted where they got an item from on e-bay. Now that they're doing so let's at least applaud that. It's not impossible for Rose to bargain a bill with giving an item. He could have very well given the person the jacket, but taking Rose's word for it(that it's game used) is almost funny if not sad. I personally hope b-e-collectibles re-establish themselves. Since they're kind of impersonal/gruff to communicate with (they never leave feedback on e-bay,but obviously enjoy all the postive feedback that helps their business. They once left feedback to a buyer who asked by writing something like:Good sale,you happy now?)we would need any information from members who have dealt with them since they're not going to help themselves in this regard. They do sell good items.

kingjammy24
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
"Since they're kind of impersonal/gruff to communicate with.."

Hahaha, sounds like almost every dealer I've dealt with!
(Technically, I don't think you can really call yourself a dealer until you've acheived a level of "impersonal gruffness" that makes Willie Mays, Albert Belle, and Barry Bonds look like a group you'd want to cuddle with).

With one exception: Dennis at Sports Warehouse. Good lord that man is a cut above. You can 'kick tires' all day long and he'll happily provide every single detail he possibly can. Curious about the wear on a jersey? He'll send you pictures of every single thing he can spot on it. Close ups, different angles, descriptions. Never met a dealer like that.

Here's a typical experience with me and 99.9% of the dealers out there:

Me: Hi, can you tell me what sort of use this jersey shows and where it came from?

Dealer: Dunno. It looks good. Tax is 8.25%.

Me: Right. Is there any pilling? puckering? stains?

Dealer: I said it looks good.

1 week later, after receiving the jersey..

Me: Hi. This jersey had a number change, is missing a name, and has a family of wasps nesting in the armpit. You forgot to mention that.

Dealer: You didn't ask. Besides, the wasps were there when I bought the jersey so I'm not responsible.

Actually that's not quite right; most dealers would never provide such a lengthy, detailed response. :D

Rudy.