PDA

View Full Version : Are we all Type A personalities?

jake33
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I was wondering last night if msots of us in the GaMe used collecting industry are TYPE A personalities, I can say for sure myself that I am, not only do i clearly have issues but being obsessive compulisive, making 3-5 phone calls a day trying to track down BUCS and D-Rays items, then trying to DVD/photo match the jersyes takes so much time and is a labor of love,

I find it VERY ahrd to believe that there are a lot of TYPE B personalities in this industry just because of the intrusive nature of this. Even when i try to expalin this hobby to most of my friends VERY few of them get it,

They say, "WHAT!!! you paid $150 for a used jersey?"

I usually reply with, "WHAT you married that (explicitve) after she got greased by 15 guys."

Type B's aren't one for getting into large heated arguement (unless it is politics or complaining about their bosses) so the talk usually ends there.

bigtime59
04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
And after saying that about their wives, are they still your friends?

kylehess10
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Sorry but what exactly is the difference between a type A and a type B personality in the collecting industry?

otismalibu
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I usually reply with, "WHAT you married that (explicitve) after she got greased by 15 guys."

I believe Lou would say "overall medium to heavy carnal wear is exhibited throughout".

stkmtimo
04-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I believe Lou would say "overall medium to heavy carnal wear is exhibited throughout".

This was hilarious...and true.

Tim

jake33
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
When i said that to him it was kinda toungue and cheeck, the poitn really is that Most TYpe B personalities are "CASUAL" fans while Type A's are more die ahrd.

God lord, I waited for 45 minutes last year to get a Russell branyan Autograph...

kylehess10
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
God lord, I waited for 45 minutes last year to get a Russell branyan Autograph...

Hell I waited 2 hours in February to meet Edgar Renteria just to find out that he never showed up. Beat that!! lol

Also, at every single Braves game I go to. I arrive 5 hours early and stay 2 hours late to get autos in the player parking lot.

jake33
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
So yeah Kyle, you are probably a type A personality. I think most of us are, is all I am saying, which i thought was an interesting common thread

kylehess10
04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
So yeah Kyle, you are probably a type A personality. I think most of us are, is all I am saying, which i thought was an interesting common thread

Most definitely, if we're willing to spends tons of money on dirty baseball equipment worn by some random guys, then we're all Type A personalities. I love it though.