PDA

View Full Version : What do I have?

andywtn
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I have been a long time reader of this forum. I finally decided to join when I came across this bat at my parents house. My parents have lived at the house for 30 years. I can remember playing with this bat as a little kid. I don't know where it came from or who cut off the knob. I can tell that it is a 125 H&B Louisville Slugger Powerized. I know it is hard to see in the scan but I checked it under a magnifying glass and on the barrel end it says Genuine Yogi Berra. It says something under Yogi's name but I cannot make it out.

I have learned from reading this board that on game issued H&B bats there is a 125 below the Louisville Slugger trademark along with the Powerized with two lightning bolts. My questions are as follows. Is it possible that this bat is actually a game model Yogi Berra Bat? Would it be benifical to have this bat authenticed by Mears or PSA?

Thank you for any info that you can give me.

b.heagy
03-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Black foil stamping/lettering = Store Model bat.

andywtn
03-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Thank you for the quick response.

On an actual game model bat the H&B Logo with the 125, the Powerized designation, & the players name would be burned into the bat instead of foil stamped?

Thanks for the education,
Andy