PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see this? Unbelievable!

Canseco44
03-31-2007, 10:29 AM
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=34214

Has anyone seen how much this ball sold for ? I cannot believe it reached this price and was wondering if anyone on the forum bought this or knows who did. I wonder how much my 400th Homerun ball and bat game used combe would bring. They both include the same COA's as the first homerun ball does. Is this price normal for something like this? Has anyone alse seen someones first homerun ball sell before or have one? If anyone does, please share it.

Todd

David
03-31-2007, 01:53 PM
The first home run ball from a player of Canseco's stature is rare and rarely seen on the market. For example, I've never seen the first home run ball from Mattingly, Puckett, Keith Hernandez or anyone on that order. When a player hits home run number 500 or 73, they're famous. When they hit #1, they are often nobodies. The ball may be on no interest to anyone but the player's dad.

mailman93
03-31-2007, 02:03 PM
I guess Jose should of put the ball on here, instead of selling it too that guy off ebay. Its alot of money, but I guess someone really wanted it. The 400 ball and bat would bring some good money, but I don't think anywhere near this price. the old saying, If somebody really wants it. thanks Dan

camarokids
03-31-2007, 03:01 PM
does anyone remember what it sold for on ebay ? wasn't it cheap ?
what , was it six months ago that it was listed on ebay ?

I remember looking at the auction on ebay but didn't bid .

RKGIBSON
03-31-2007, 03:57 PM
In my opinion the documentation is why the ball brought big money. Someone valued that a lot.

Roger

Canseco44
03-31-2007, 06:15 PM
The documentation I have with the 400th Homerun ball and bat are way even better than that. They both include the COA from Jose signed by him, but the bat includes authentication from PSA/DNA and John Taube and has been graded a GU10. This grade is rarely ever given and I think with all the documentation plus the fact it is a GU10 would put the price pretty high even if it wasn't $5,000. But I think it isn't that far fetched that it would get that if the right person came along. I also think the historical value is there too. Jose was the first person born outside the US to reach 400 homeruns and at the time was (I think I'm correct) the 3rd fastest to ever reach 400 homeruns, behind only the Babe and Big MAC. Maybe this combe belongs in the HOF, I know thats where the 400th HR game worn batting helmet is. I'm sure I will catch some crap off of this so let me have it. But to top it all off, this is worth way more to me than it will ever be worth to anyone else. He hit it on my 20th birthday April 14. It is a black SAM bat and is beautiful, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks, Todd Ricks

RKGIBSON
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Todd,
Sounds like some great pieces with rock solid documentation. The items received a 10 because of the player documentation. The bottom line on getting, or paying big money, is that the item is real and can be proved.

Personally, I see no reason to submit items with documentation like yours to an authenicator but everyone has their own way of seeing things.

Roger

David
04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I think that the #1 ball was proudly displayed in Jose's dad's home and was pictured in Sports Illustrated helped. It's not often your purchased piece of memorabilia is pictured in SI.