PDA

View Full Version : The $100,000 Jeter Glove

Eric
01-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Did anyone else notice the $100,000 Derek Jeter glove on ebay?

eBay: Rawlings HOH game used Derek Jeter glove (item 8746651652 end time Jan-10-06 16:03:09 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Rawlings-HOH-game-used-Derek-Jeter-glove_W0QQitemZ8746651652QQcategoryZ50117QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)

nate
01-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Is it in pesos?

trsent
01-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Itīs a Pro Shop glove made exclusively to fit the hand of DJ. Think how much this glove will cost when he retires and get in the Hall of Fame (itīs a certainty he will be!) so thatīs is why the price may seem high. Thanx for looking at my auction and if you need more pics donīt hesitate to ask.

A few questions for the seller -

What do game used gloves of other greats go for who are already in the Hall of Fame? Let's try, Cal Ripken, Jr., Ryne Sandberg, Robin Yount, George Brett and Ernie Banks?

Can I get a picture of Luis Sojo? I forgot what he looks like.

Did Michael Jordan game used memorabilia go up in value when he retired? (Oh, I know the answer, it was yes, for about 4-5 days) When Michael Jordan made the Hall of Fame, did his memorabilia go up in value? (Oh wait, I know the answer to this one - It was a big "NO" as no one cared)

Why am I comparing Michael Jordan and Derek Jeter? I'm bored, and they are both greats at their game so I figured I should put the two of them together.

Can you translate the whole auction to Spanish? Maybe then it will come up in Pesos. Then you will be asking about $946.16 for the glove. You got it for free it appears, so that will be a good starting price and let the bidders decide a price.

One last question, who just called me at 2:26AM and hung up when I answered and hung up when I called them right back? Don't people know what caller ID is?

gameusedfan
01-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah but at least it "shoes game use."

Swoboda4
01-05-2006, 02:48 PM
If the glove+story is real,this will be the last time Jeter talks, or gives anything to,Sojo.

metsbats86
01-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I think the seller is swayed by the Ruben Rivera stolen glove incident. I think Rueben was trying to get 3,000 not 300,000 dollars

Derek Jeter glove incident

After a 2002 spring training game, Rivera took teammate Derek Jeter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Jeter)'s glove and bat, and then sold them to a sports memorabilia dealer, allegedly for $2,500. After this became known, his teammates allegedly held a vote and voted him off the team, and the Yankees front office abided by that vote and released him. When the incident became public, Rivera publicly apologized.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Rivera

David

bigtime59
01-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Sorry to veer off-topic here, but isn't that just about the ugliest baseball uniform you've ever seen? All MLB brass should have a poster of that shot on their office walls, to look at whenever the subject of "small ads on the unforms" comes up!:o

trsent
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Sorry to veer off-topic here, but isn't that just about the ugliest baseball uniform you've ever seen?

I assume you are talking about this jersey:

I personally think it looks cool. Like a cross between a soccer (futbol) jersey and an American NASCAR driver's jersey.

bigtime59
01-09-2006, 07:59 PM
I assume you are talking about this jersey:

I personally think it looks cool. Like a cross between a soccer (futbol) jersey and an American NASCAR driver's jersey.

Joel:
We're at the dead opposite ends of the spectrum on this issue! :D Your reasons for liking the kit are the exact reasons I just about recycled dinner when I saw that uniform! Ugh!:eek:

trsent
01-10-2006, 06:55 AM
We're at the dead opposite ends of the spectrum on this issue! Your reasons for liking the kit are the exact reasons I just about recycled dinner when I saw that uniform!

So you threw up?

You should see a doctor.