PDA

View Full Version : Lampson-ism

Eric
03-28-2007, 06:39 AM
We have a Lampson-ism i have never seen before.

In the Reggie Bush rookie jersey in the new Vintage Authentics auction, Lampson states "Overall light to medium superstar appropriate game wear is exhibited throughout"

So a superstar's light to medium game wear is different than other starters' light to medium game wear?

Seems like it was an English phrase translated into another language and then back to English.

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=81418229&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=81764939

Birdbats
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe he's trying to say that superstars typically go through more jerseys than "regular" players and it's common for superstar jerseys to show light wear???

Eric
03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I have Ladainian Tomlinson jerseys that were used in one game and are punished.

lund6771
03-28-2007, 12:20 PM
every REAL GAME USED Rb jersey should be beaten up even if only worn for one game...

I have a Favre jersey, from Favre, that shows more use than the RB jersey's that Lampson authenticates

CollectGU
03-28-2007, 01:14 PM
every REAL GAME USED Rb jersey should be beaten up even if only worn for one game...

Absolutely silly comment. It depends on if it was washed or unwashed, how many carries the RB had, what kind of conditions and/or what field the game was played on etc.. Then there are factors like how many jerseys were worn. I've heard that Bush would change his jerseys at halftime. If that's the case then you have to look at the number of times the player touched the ball per half, and of that number of carries how many went out of bounds untouched, etc.......Way too many variables to make that kind of statement

Dave

TNTtoys
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
...you have to look at the number of times the player touched the ball per half, and of that number of carries how many went out of bounds untouched, etc.......Way too many variables to make that kind of statement

Dave

Dave,

You forgot the most important variable of all -- whether or not the RB was a superstar or not.

Nick

lund6771
03-28-2007, 06:55 PM
there may be a rare instance that Bush was never touched by anyone for an entire 1/2...Kinda like winning the lottery, I guess there is a chance...these guys, even if they don't have the ball, are involved with every play...99% of all these jerseys out there have little or no use

or they have dirt & grass stains from the backyard...I have a Jerry Rice that I bought from the team in 91 that was worn in 2 home games...I bought this jersey literally right out of the locker...it has 14 repairs on it...and he's a receiver!!!

to even entertain the thought that a "superstar" RB wouldn't have great use is silly...The Tomlinson that was in AM last auction was basically worn for a 1/2 beacuse the Chargers were killing the Bills and it had great use...I think it's silly that anyone would waste money on this

how many Walter Payton's has Lampson authenticated in the last year?...where are they coming from?...in those days they probably only wore 2 of each color a season...but Lampson has authentiacted tons of them with no wear...yeah right

What I don't understand is why would anyone even possibly think about taking a chance on something like this... where the probability is highly unlikely that it is real... players & teams aren't naiive anymore to what this stuff sells for...the "back-door" story has lost much of it's appeal over the years...

wouldn't it be nice to get a hold of the mailing lists/e-mail addresses of the auction houses that use this idiot...have them spend an hour on this site, and unless they're complete morons, they'd probably never deal with these auction houses again

pujols916
03-28-2007, 07:25 PM
i have a bush jersey and it was washed but still has hit marks all over .plus it was only worn 1 time due to the fact the holes arent repaired these auction houses are for new hobbiest that think they are getting the real thing sence they are spending good money and getting a letter stating it was used that is how i learned and know im dune with those socalled real deal houses , figure you never see a gu football jersey with any use not even a repair , i wish i could tell all the new comers to stay clear of them

BoneRubbedBat
03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
ANY David Carr jersey will have TONS of grass stains...............on the back.

skipcareyisfat
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Genuine Michael Vick jerseys should have secret jewelry compartments. :cool:

TNTtoys
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Genuine Michael Vick jerseys should have secret jewelry compartments. :cool:

And they should be such a secret that even Michael doesn't know they are there for two months.

Eric
04-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Here's another one

In lot 1: Hank Aaron 1975 Game Used & Autographed Jersey GU8.5

He gave Range of Wear 1.5 out of 2 and then writes

"...this colorful late career example shows apropos superstar DH game use evidence..."