PDA

View Full Version : Worth Game Used Bats?

89ASMVPBats
03-26-2007, 12:00 PM
I am relatively new to the game used bat hobby and have recently acquired a game used Worth bat from the late 80s, early 90s. While there are good sources of information out there regarding LS and Adirondack gamers, I am having difficulty finding anything of substance about Worth bats. What should I look for in terms of the labeling, etc.? Are Worth bats similar to Cooper bats, whereby their models are based on LS' model numbers?

If anyone knows of any good sources of information regarding Worth bats that would be great. I would appreciate any and all advice you could offer.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

BoneRubbedBat
03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.boombats.com/sinfo.htm

click on bat companies then scroll down to Worth labeling

89ASMVPBats
03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Marcus,

Thank you for bringing such an invaluable resource to my attention.

Drew

woodbat
05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi,
Tim Lee wrote a very good article on WORTH major league bats in the May 17, 1996 issue of the SCD. If you would like a copy, I can do xerox and send to you. Email me your address at woodbat@bellsouth.net. This article is the best I have ever seen on WORTH bat history. They no longer manufacture bats for the major league players
Don

PS: Someone had a Tim Lee article on dating of Carolina Club bats, I missed that and sure would like a copy.