PDA

View Full Version : Help on a Molitor 97 Twins jersey... Lampson 8.5.

flightposite
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey guys, if you have any help on this jersey, please let me know. I am always let down to see a jersey authenticated by Lampson as who knows if it's real or not. Let me know, thanks!

staindsox
03-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I have a home 97 home Molitor and that is the correct tagging, but Paul also had an extra length added to the sleeves and there should have been a tag noting this attached to the manufacturer's label on the bottom of the jersey. I'm staying away from it. You should ask if it has velcro too. I believe the 97 jerseys had two strips of velcro. Hope this helps.

Chris

flightposite
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Forgot the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Paul-Molitor-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-Min-Twins-HOF_W0QQitemZ290095855899QQcategoryZ60597QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sylbry
03-23-2007, 06:53 PM
That is the correct tagging for a team spare jersey. Twins jerseys from that year should also have the jersey number on the tagging. I used to own one from that year. Don't have a pic to show anymore.

Is it possible that Molitor wore that jersey, yes. Is is likely, probobly not. Remember two important pieces of info:

1) Last summer Vintage Authentics and American Memorabilia (the two auction houses that use Lou Lampson) sold a couple of these Molitor jerseys. There was also a bunch on ebay and I believe Grey Flannel had one too.

2) Vintage Authentics consistently sells team spare jerseys of star players in every auction they do. These jerseys are tagged with the year tag only, ie "2000" or "2004". From speaking with and listening to other people talk, the Twins Pro Shop has NEVER sold a star jersey with only the year on the tag.

sylbry
03-23-2007, 07:04 PM
I need to clarify one statement. My 1997 jersey was a home jersey, not an alternate. With that said, I would defer to staindsox statement on the tagging for alternate tagging as I am not aware if they were different from regular jerseys.

staindsox
03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
My apologies gentlemen: I just checked my tagging on the jersey. It should be:

4-97-2

I would stay away from that jersey on eBay.

flightposite
03-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. You seem like you both have a few Twins jerseys... mind sharing what you have? I am currently looking for a Cuddyer 9-11 jersey if either of you have them. I know Mike and already have a few of his jerseys, so please let me know if you do.