PDA

View Full Version : what are Jose Canseco game used bats worth?

camarokids
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
What do you think a nice Jose Canseco game used bat is worth (or should I say sell for)? I would to get a general consensus from people , especially the Canseco faithful.

Now I'm talking about a nice gamers you'll find at dealers and even ebay . Should we also be placing a premium on bats sold directly by him or with perfect provenence like ReggieJackson.com who sold some of his too. I'm sure there were others who sold bats for Jose , maybe , I don't know ......thanks in advance for your opinions.....

3654s .

JasonM33
03-23-2007, 02:37 AM
For me it depends on a lot of things. First on my list are photomatched historically signifigant bats. I'm talking about World Series bats or home run bats. Then nice regular gamers with good use and a Canseco coa. I personally prefer 88 to 91 A's bats. That's what I put the most value on. That's not to say I won't buy other stuff but I won't pay a lot with out some pretty solid provenance. That's just one mans opinion.

-Jason M

Canseco44
03-23-2007, 06:43 AM
I will agree with Jason on that. I like to have photomatch or a reputable authenticator letter with it. I mostly collect only Canseco game bats and I do every now and then by one without it. I am guilty of paying alot without provenance too. I have acquired 5 from Canseco personally and the bats like you have pictured, if they came from Jose, originally were selling for $275. I just sold a Yankees gamer Big Stick on Ebay with a Canseco COA for $150. Like Jason mentioned his earlier bats usually go for a premium and are more desired. I like his bats used from 1997 to 2001 better personally. This is when we saw him use some unusual bats. In his later career he used almost exclusively SAM bats and Rawlings Big Sticks. I have his 400th HR(which he hit on my 20th birthday) bat I acquired from him personally(no price listed) and I did have the last bat he ever used in MLB competition which he lost when I let him use it. I also have the 400th HR ball which I recieved from him. I also have a rarely seen X bat used by Jose to hit a HR with the Expos. I have never seen another Canseco X bat. This one can be seen on Canseconet.com. The ones you have photographed are very nice gamers and typical of what could be found from him. I have one just like them he gave me. Know if someone would tell me how to post photos I would post some of my more valuable bats on here for all the Canseco fans to see. By the way camarokids, are you wanting to sell those bats?

Todd Ricks

camarokids
03-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Hi , thanks for offering but I am keeping the bats , I would like to find a Sam Bat from his Devil Rays days .

To post a picture after clicking on reply or new thread , click on the paper clip up top and then click on brows and find you picture , click open , then click on upload . after that click on the paper clip again and insert picture where you want w/ your cursor.

Good luck... I would enjoy seeing your bats....

camarokids
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi , well now that I have acquired a bat of Jose's that isn't "just" a gamer , but an actual home run bat #410 ! what do think the bat is worth and also his regular gamers worth as well ? please give your opinion . Thanks in advance !!!

whatupyos
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
In terms of worth, whos to say. I mean, isnt something worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it? I know thats kind of rhetorical, but isnt it the truth. I know items have a kind of a fair market general value, but since you're a huge Canseco fan, and you were willing to pay $2000 for a gamer (this is just a scenario) then I'd say its worth $2000, but if another is willing to pay $5000, then it can change. I'm a huge McGwire fan personally, so if there was an item that was something I really wanted, and was legit, I'd pay as much as I could...even over pay since most of his things seem to have devalued from a few years ago. Jerseys don't seem to go for as much at auction now as back in his playing days. Anyway, just thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Thats a pretty killer find though!!

Aaron

CansecoPower33
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
For an A's gamer I'd expect to pay upwards of $250 if it comes from a reputable seller, comes with the usual assurances. Depending on the significance of the bat I'm prepared to spend whatever my girlfriend allows me before kicking me out.

indyred
04-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Did Jose use Louisville Slugger's much? What do you guys think of his rookie era LS on ebay now?

Canseco44
04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Jose used LS throughout his career but he used them more from what I've seen in his first couple of years in the bigs. His favorites have got to be Worth, Cooper, Rawlings, and SAM pretty much in that order. I'm not sure about the one on ebay although I'm not an expert on his rookie era bats. That is definitely a model he used but I'm not sure he used that exact bat and if he did how much use it got. I've only got one rookie LS and it has way more use and is cracked. The one on ebay has very little use, but like I said I am no expert so it could be the real deal.

Todd

camarokids
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi there Ozric ,

I pulled this thread out for you since you were asking the same question I asked a few months ago . Happy reading .....