PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia Current Auction-#152

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Thought you would like to know that LOT #152 Harmon Killebrew "game used" bat of the March 29th American Memorablia Auction is a team index bat and not one necessarily used by Killebrew. The bat is 34 inches in length and he only ordered 35 inch bats of this type. The way the bat is listed in this auction is somewhat misleading. It took several e-mails before this was finally revealed. Thanks.

bat_master
03-21-2007, 01:34 PM
To add to Dave's note about the AmerMem Killebrew bat, the pine tar application is also not exactly what I would consider "normal" for his use.

Shown in the attached photo is my own 65-68 H&B S207. Notice how the pine tar on mine is placed further down on the handle towards the knob.

Andy Benish has also done a phenomenal job explaining the correct use characteristics for Harmon's bats. You can check it out here: http://www.vintagebats.com/feature_page-killebrew.htm

gameused
03-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Tim,

That's the "KILLER" Killebrew bat was on ebay and the auction ended abruptly, congrats on a nice pick-up!

Bobby

bat_master
03-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi Bobby,

Yes it sure is. I'm just hoping that my "arrangement" didn't cause any hard feelings among any of the other bidders.

To be fair, at the time the auction ended I was the high bidder and I don't believe I was in any danger of being outbid. I purchased the bat for my maximum bid price and I definitely didn't get it cheap.

Very glad to have it in my collection!

big10champ
03-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Tim,

That is a great looking Killebrew bat, nice pick-up.

Brian

big10champ@msn.com
Always looking for Dan Gladden and Tim Laudner game used items.

bat_master
03-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Brian,

Good to see you around. You were lucky that you had the opportunity to see it in person.

Stop down again sometime when you get some free moments. Thanks again for the Killebrew poster.