PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase: Seth McClung Game Used glove!!!!

camarokids
03-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I just picked up the glove yesterday . Yes I know his ERA is over 15.00 right now....LOL....I am sure there is bright spot somewhere in his performance. Hey wait a minute he does have RED hair .....

Seriously , If there is , I'm am sure Mr. Joe Maddon will find it and tell us about it.

How can you lose 101 times (not counting spring training losses)in a year and not get pissed off and show it???

Anyway , the seller ended the auction early and I met up w/him last night. It is a nice glove and shows a lot of use, he told me Seth looks on ebay and saw the glove for sale and was NOT happy about it . The seller said McClung said " I will never give another glove away" ......If Seth knew who ended up buying the glove . He refused to sign a ball for me last year ....

LWMM
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Very nice---nice guy (albeit not a great pitcher), and has a closer mentality about him. How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

warheel
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree he's a nice guy..I was at a Rays ST game the other day and he walked over and talked to my 3 year old daughter and gave her a ball.

LWMM
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I agree he's a nice guy..I was at a Rays ST game the other day and he walked over and talked to my 3 year old daughter and gave her a ball.

Come to think of it, he once gave me a foul ball in Durham as well... He commented upon the fact that I thanked him for it, and imitated a kid screaming "gimmie a ball!" Pretty funny...

camarokids
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi there LWMM,
I paid $300 clams for it.....I know it sounds a little high , but .... How many gloves do you find for sale?

Do you collect Devil Rays game used stuff as well?

Thanks,
David

LWMM
03-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi there LWMM,
I paid $300 clams for it.....I know it sounds a little high , but .... How many gloves do you find for sale?

Thanks,
David

Just Jonny Gomes items (two jerseys, probably one or two more soon), though I watch the Durham Bulls (D-Rays AAA team) and thus know many of the players.

In regards to the glove, I agree---somewhat expensive, but definately a unique item (and considering what McClung said, I wouldn't expect to see another anytime soon).

stkmtimo
03-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi there LWMM,

Thanks,
David

This is a cool piece. Given the fact that McClung will likely be the DRays closer this year, it could become a bargain at $300.

Tim

chakes89
03-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I wanted that glove. :(

camarokids
03-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I wanted that glove. :(

sorry , do you collect devil rays ? Any game used bats or gloves to sell ?
Thanks,
David

camarokids
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't think I could call this a photo match? there is a few lines from where his thumb was (in-between his first and last name, look at the picture I took in post#1)
I am still loooooooking for a picture w/ a close up to see more of the glove and the lines . Would that be significant enough to be a match? 3936

chakes89
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
sorry , do you collect devil rays ? Any game used bats or gloves to sell ?
Thanks,
David

I am trying to start a game used glove collection thats why I wanted it

I like the D-Rays but dont really collect them all that much.

I only have 1 glove at this time but it is not for sale though.

Would you be willing to trade the glove sometime down the road?

camarokids
04-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi there Chakes89,
Just curious , who's glove do you have ? mind posting pictures?
Unless a really expensive bat came along and I needed the money, I may have to sell my gloves , for bats are most first priority in collecting, I was given a glove by Wilson Alvarez , so that started the glove interest/pursuit.
But right now I don't see myself needing to sell , for really do like my glove collection....

chakes89
04-13-2007, 11:59 PM
The glove was used by former Reds and current San Diego Padres minor league pitcher Bobby Basham.

I got it for 4 reasons;
He was a Reds minor leaguer and he was a Dayton Dragon in 2002 which is my favorite team and he is one of my all-time favorite Dayton Dragons players also.
And it is also the first glove he used in professional ball and for his first professional win.

It is also autographed.

Side-note: I also have the cleats he wore for his first professional win also.

I will post some pics later.

camarokids
05-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Whats up !
I am looking for other Devil Rays game used fielding gloves and bats . Even collecting team signed baseballs (on official MLB only) .
Thank you,
David

bubbrubb25
05-12-2007, 10:46 PM
How did you get Wilson Alvarez to give you a glove?

camarokids
05-13-2007, 12:30 AM
How did you get Wilson Alvarez to give you a glove?

My dad used to own service stations and Alvarez was buying gas one day . I started to talk to him and I gave his daughter a lolipop (get your mind out of the gutter) . A week or so later I asked him at the Spring Training complex if he had an old glove I could have . And then about a week after that he brought it to the complex and gave it to me .

bubbrubb25
05-13-2007, 08:38 AM
cool