PDA

View Full Version : Can ANYONE tell me about the Sheffield bat?

jon_8_us
03-21-2007, 09:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260098701802&rd=1&rd=1

Any info on this type of bat?Also is SCGAYNOR so rock solid as to be unquestioned?Thanks
jon

suave1477
03-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Jon I would say SCGaynor is reputable as a Auction house I purchased items from them before.

But I have never known them to actually authenticate, I am not saying they don't or this is a fake but I just have never seen them do it.

As far as the Sheffield bat it is very common for Sheff to tape the handle knob. On the bat in question there is nothing, im not saying he does this on every bat I just feel a little bit more comfortable seeing that taping on a bat of his knowing it is a use characteristic of his.

jon_8_us
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I have seen Sheffield bats and pictures of his at bats without taped knobs.In almost every season you can pull pics off of Getty that show him using bats with no tape.Although most of his at bats show him with the huge tape job on the knob as both my Sheffield bats do.Thats interesting about Scgaynor maybe someone else could chime in about whether they authenticate or not.My other question is about the make of bat.I'm not to familiar with SSK.The bat does not have Sheffields name on the barell.Does this happen with SSK on occasion?
jon

jon_8_us
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Here's the pics to make it easier

camarokids
03-21-2007, 10:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260098701802&rd=1&rd=1

Any info on this type of bat?Also is SCGAYNOR so rock solid as to be unquestioned?Thanks
jon

I have bought a few team signed baseballs w/no problems from the above seller w/no problems.

But I don't anyone should be so rock solid that they shouldn't be questioned..

How can you tell that the bat was used by Sheffield , I don't see his name printed on the bat. But this is the first I have seen an SSK bat .

bat_master
03-21-2007, 10:53 AM
The name on the bat is that of Japanese baseball slugger Akira Etoh. Maybe he and Sheffield swapped bats?

jon_8_us
03-21-2007, 10:56 AM
The name on the bat is that of Japanese baseball slugger Akira Etoh. Maybe he and Sheffield swapped bats?

Wow.That really throws a loop into this!Is there anyway to contact SCGaynor about this?
jon

suave1477
03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Jon I know they are on ebay.