PDA

View Full Version : Raider Jersey/ami Auction

BO34
03-18-2007, 07:32 PM
HI came across the Marcus Allen game used jersey at American Memorabilia...and I know we had a discussion about BO JACKSON's game used jersey and whether or not he wore dazzle cloth on the shoulders..now this Allen jersey came to market and Lou Lampson claims the dazzle cloth appears on mid to late 80's raiders jerseys...I am going thru my Bo photos to check this out... in the meantime can anybody weigh in on this subject regarding Marcus or other Raider jerseys from this era...Thanks to All

RKGIBSON
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I do not remember seeing Allen in a jersey with the dazzle cloth shoulders. Allen's Sand-Knit jerseys were size 42. When they went to Wilson, I beleive in 92, the size should be 44.

The unique thing on Allen's jersey is the tapering in the body & waist. He always wore them tight. The sleeves are always full length also.

I personally do not like that jersey. If I was interested in it, I would call and talk to Victor and ask him about the history, where it came from.

Roger

BO34
03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks Roger as always I appreciate the info...I know we last discussed the BO jerseys and I still have to sift thru about 350 photos to see if there is any difference on the shoulders....I thought it was interesting after we discussed here on the board about the lack of shiny shoulders on Bo's jersey, the next thing I know AMI has a Allen jersey and they have a direct reference to the Raiders wearing shiny shoulders via Mr. Lampson...seems like somebody might be reading a few of our posts....I do know Victor and have to say he is a nice guy, very fair and knows his stuff...