PDA

View Full Version : Jose Canseco Worth bat on ebay signed 1991 Gamer....

camarokids
03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
What do you Canseco experts out ther think about the auto? I am not saying it's a fraud , but looks sloppy or something doesn't look right with the "Jose" . The Canseco doesn't look too bad...

Also the slant to the '1991' Gamer doesn't look quite right , the flow of the writing seems not natural . The bat surface looks smooth and doesn't appear to have deadwood where it is signed ....

I have a pair of Canseco gamers (one from JoseCanseco.com) and the sig on ebay don't match the ones I have .

If memory serves me correctly the knob looks pretty familiar , a green 25 and a black 33 ????? wasn't one of those on GUF recently??

I have not contacted the seller , I want to see what others think .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jose-Canseco-Oakland-A-s-1991-Game-Used-Auto-Worth-Bat_W0QQitemZ290092245534QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

sylbry
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Without making any commentary on this bat or the seller I just thought I would point out this is the same seller that offered the dozen or so 1989 Scoreboard Bo Jackson jerseys over the past year.

JRocker49
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
i agree it does not match my signature at all on the gamer i just had signed it looks funny to me

Canseco44
03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I agree totally. I have owned about 30 game used Canseco bats and have acquired 6 from him personally and none of the autos look like that. Maybe he was rushed or something but I have never seen one look quite that bad. I bought the bat mentioned with the 25 on the handle and it was written in black and was not that big. I would be curious to see the barrell end.

Todd Ricks

Canseco44
03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I looked at my 1988 Worth gamer and on the knob mine is stamped WC178 but the C in mine is stamped sideways. I don't know if this means anything at all does has anyone else ever seen this? Mine is signed Jose Canseco #33 1988 Gamer and nothing is the same compared to mine, and mine came from Canseco.

Todd

camarokids
03-10-2007, 10:02 AM

camarokids
03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
compare the sigs on my bats vs. on ebay . I think the verdict is getting clearer.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jose-Canseco-Oakland-A-s-1991-Game-Used-Auto-Worth-Bat_W0QQitemZ290092245534QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

JRocker49
03-10-2007, 10:29 AM
camaro mine matches yours

camarokids
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
nice louisville slugger, nice clean sig on yours as well !!!!

autographedgamers
03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I am unsure to the authenticity of the autograph. However, if it was signed in 1991 it is likely his signature will be different than that of his now. Also, many of his early bats were signed recently so it may not be fair to compare it to other bats unless you are sure it is from that time period. Also, as for the 25 or MAC that has been seen on the knob of many of jose's bats. It is likely that of mark mcgwire as I have a mac bat with the 25 written the same way and have seen others with MAC on the knob.

thomecollector
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't have a Canseco. But, I do have a Thome Worth from '95 . His has JT at the top 4 in the center, with WC135 below that. It also has the #25 written in silver. I don't know if this helps. Roger

JRocker49
03-11-2007, 07:33 AM
one thing im thinking that in my mind gives in more credability is why would someone forge a signature on a game used bat that is worth good money unsigned and some people do not want signed. could have been a bad rushed signature ut then why the inscription. i would buy the bat and clean off the sig if i knew how. the rangers bat i posted was origianlly signed on the side of the barrell how he commonly signed but the bat was finished so i cleaned it off and sent it to a signing he did with the area he signed this time left open so he had no choice and with my inscription request which the promoter said he would do after he inspected th ebat to see if he truely did use it any ideas how to get a sig off a unfinished bat

camarokids
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi ,
I wasn't saying it was a forgery. But the writing is clearly suspect, especially in the "Gamer" part . There is a lack of natural flow in the writing and several pressure points where the marker "sat" for a second or two . The slant in the writing is suspect as well.

These qualities will usually constitute a forgery .

You do bring up a good point on why would someone forge a sig on easy bat to sell ??? I don't know ?? Why do people do all the stupid things they do , I don't know ???

camarokids
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
any ideas how to get a sig off a unfinished bat

Possibly nail polish remover or lacquer thinner (but that might mess with the coated finish, if the bat has one ) . I would try on a old bat that you don't care about first . I have seen this answer before but can't remember for sure.

Virgin olive oil and a soft rag or a #2 pencil eraser if needed removes gold and silver ink off black , brown, & rose colored bats and most plastics . Even worked on a leather Wilson A2000 fielders glove Dave Martinez gave me and signed but then the sig got smudged so I took it off w/ no problems and wiping only.

Good luck...

camarokids
03-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Just a follow up, the auction ended at $134.50 + $15.00 for shipping . Decent price for eBay , Jose was selling bats for $265-$275 when I bought mine from him, what do you think his game bats should command now?