PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Universe Auctions?

hblakewolf
03-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Hello-
I'm a bit miffed about the new GUU Auction items. Can Chris or Rob explain what exactly this is? Who is in charge of this new feature, who is offering the items, how does a Forum Reader get his items listed, etc.?

Looks like some great items, however, maybe I missed the announcement about this new feature.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

ChrisCavalier
03-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Hello-
I'm a bit miffed about the new GUU Auction items. Can Chris or Rob explain what exactly this is? Who is in charge of this new feature, who is offering the items, how does a Forum Reader get his items listed, etc.?

Looks like some great items, however, maybe I missed the announcement about this new feature.
Hello Howard,

I apologize about any confusion this may have caused. The viewing of these items were not intended to be made public just yet. In fact, we were planning to make an announcement later this morning and release the items for public viewing at that time. Obviously, we didn't realize the links for the posts we created last night in the unreleased forum would be viewable on the live site via the 'New Posts' or 'Today's Posts' features.

Basically, Game Used Universe has received numerous requests asking that we provide auction services on the Game Used Universe site. Given these requests, we are going to run a small Forum Auction to pilot the concept as well as sell a few items for entities who requested we offer their items in a GUU auction format. While the 'Items For Sale' forum has continued to gain in popularity, many transactions are taking place in a way where the buyer is not gaining the benefit of the item images, and full item descriptions, being posted on the site. That is, when item images and full descriptions are posted on the site, our users have an opportunity to ask questions and get feedback from GUU Experts and the entire GUU community.

That is why Game Used Universe Auctions has been created. Once again, this Pilot will help us introduce the concept through the forum software while we are in the process of developing protocols that will enable Game Used Universe auctions to be completely automated in the near future. We will explain this in full detail later today when the actual announcement is made and the items are released on to the live site. We will also explain all the Forum Auction rules, how to register for bidding and, as per your question above, how to consign items to future auctions.

We are tremendously excited about offering this service to the collecting community and working to ensure collectors can make informed decisions about the items they are purchasing. Once again, we will be making a full announcement shortly which we believe will address all your questions.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

hblakewolf
03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Chis-
Sounds like a real winner!

I look forward to hearing more about it later today.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net