PDA

View Full Version : Solicting You Opinions - Value of My 1907-08 Spalding Ty Cobb Game Used Bat

bat_master
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

I hate to break all the fun that is being had in the search for the Loch Lampson monster...however, I'm requesting the help of forum members to find the true value of the Spalding Ty Cobb bat that I am currently offering for sale.

Information and photos of the bat can be seen in my ebay auction: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280090127262&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=018)

As well as a news item listed on the MEARS home page: (http://www.mearsonline.com/news/newsDetail.asp?id=245).

As a non-newcomer to the buying and selling of bats I understand that any item no matter how rare is only worth what an individual is willing to pay. However, I need to know if my asking price of around $25k-$30k total cash+trade value is too high, too low, or is just right. (Goldilocks comments need not apply.)

It has come to my attention through negotiations with several potential buyers that I may be asking too much. On the other hand, I've also had great conversations with others saying that the bat is worth at least what I'm asking and will be worth much more in the future.

Either way, I need to know what you think. As a part of the collecting community I would love to get the input of my peers.

Please vote in the included poll and/or send an email with additional thoughts to either tim@hofbats.com or t_byington@yahoo.com.

I appreciate your time and look forward to your input.

bat_master
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I usually do my best to help people out on here and would ask that you all do the same. I'm simply asking people to vote as to what they believe the value is of my Ty Cobb Spalding game used bat with MEARS authentication.

It only takes two seconds and is completely confidential as the results are private. No one else can see how you voted or who even voted. I just can't understand how a thread can get over two hundred views and only 5 votes. Please help out a fellow forum member by looking over the informational links I provided let me know what you think of the bat and send emails as necessary.

Thanks

sammy
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi Tim,

I see you ended the auction on eBay.

Which poll was the closest to your selling price?

bat_master
03-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Sammy,

It was a close contest between the $15k-$20k and the $20k-$25k. Bat is sale pending. Thanks to those that helped by voting.