PDA

View Full Version : Best Auction House to Consign to?

cjw
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi..I have never consigned items to an Auction House but have 3 items that I would like to offer up. Who would provide the best exposure, service etc.?

Do different houses specialize if different sports? I have a NBA, a NFL and a MLB item to consign.

Thanks!

chris

allstarsplus
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Chris - I think Robert Edwards may get the most exposure as they have use eBay Live in conjuction with their own website and mailing list/catalogue to reach people. They do a nice catalogue as does Lelands, Mastro, Grey Flannel and Huggins & Scott.

Grey Flannel is very strong in NBA items and they are all good in baseball and football.

Are your items modern or vintage?

Are your items already authenticated? If not, some will pay for the cost of authentication. Some don't offer authentication. Personally, I wouldn't use an auction house that would send my jersey to Lou Lampson for authentication--but that is a personal decision.

Andrew

sammy
03-05-2007, 06:28 PM
I'd go with Robert Edwards Auctions too.

They are trustworthy, and treat bidders and consignors honestly, unlike many others.

skyliner59
03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I have consigned with a few of the more popular auction houses and have been disappointed almost every time. I suggest finding a buyer on your own or try ebay yourself. Why pay Robert Edwards a huge consignment fee for something you can do yourself. I personally feel that they are all shady to some extent.

cjw
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the advice folks! chris