PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Question

Jake51
03-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Hi All - I am strictly a Broncos gamer guy so this is new territory for me. I was at a benefit auction tonight and ended up with a game used/signed goalie stick for the Washington Capitals goalie Olaf Kolzig(sp?). Just wondering what folks can tell me about this fellow. Thanks.

Tom

allstarsplus
03-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Jake - He is known as Olie the Goalie in Washington and is one of the most popular players on the Capitals. He is now on the IR with a knee injury.

Olie has been playing for the Caps for 14 years which is the longest of any of the players on the roster.

The '99-2000 season was his career best as Olie won the Vezina Trophy as the league’s top goaltender and was named to the postseason NHL First All-Star Team and played in the 2000 All-Star Game in Toronto which his second All-Star appearance.

Olie is tireless in his efforts for children's charities so it is no surprise you got the stick at a benefit. I won a charity auction to play hockey vs. Olie (air hockey that is). He kicked my butt and started showing off playing with his eyes closed!!! I can say he is awesome at air hockey too!

Hope that helps. Andrew

PK
03-04-2007, 09:26 AM
PLMK if you want to move the stick

Jake51
03-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Andrew - Thanks for the information, I appreciate it! He sounds like a good guy and an even better air hockey player! Having never had one before I have to say that hockey sticks are pretty cool. This one has tons of marks all over it and tape. I'll post some pics of it.

PK - I may be interested in moving it as I really do focus soley on Broncos gamers - only got this because the money went to a good cause. My e-mail is jacobsen03@msn.com if you want to talk about a price, etc.

Thanks