PDA

View Full Version : Eckersley/Owchinko Indians Jersey

misteremu
02-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello,

I have a Bob Owchinko game used Cleveland Indians jersey. All proper Rawlings tagging, Set 1, 1978. However, I know Bob did not pitch until 1980 for the Indians, so this jersey was obviously recycled for his use.

The interesting thing is that the outline remnants of the previous name are visible..."Eckersley". I believe Dennis Eckersley was traded in 1978 (spring training?) to the Bosox.

I was just wondering if this jersey would have any increased value because of this.

Thanks,

Eric

Nathan
02-26-2007, 02:22 PM
I believe it would have increased value based on having previously been used by a pitcher of Eck's caliber.

However, I would avoid the temptation to have the original name restored. What it would look like then would be that someone has a Bob Owchinko that was doctored to look like an Eckersley.

both-teams-played-hard
02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
However, I would avoid the temptation to have the original name restored. What it would look like then would be that someone has a Bob Owchinko that was doctored to look like an Eckersley.

I agree. The shirt has more monetary and collectable value if left unrestored.

misteremu
02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks...don't worry, I had absolutely no plans to restore...I collect Eastern Michigan Alumni jerseys, and Big Bob O. is one of them...I've met him several times, and being an EMU alum myself, the Owchinko jersey means more to me than an Eckersley jersey ever would! Again, thanks for the input! I attached few pictures...I think this is an awesome looking jersey!