PDA

View Full Version : Ted Williams Bat

BirdsOnBat
01-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Had a buddy ask me about this and I did not have a good answer so figured I'd post here. I've not seen this happen before, but I'm not into bat grades either so I'm not sure of frequency but re-submitting for a numerical grade resulted in a shift in verbiage regarding its game used state from ready (sold via Goldin) to GU (on auction at Goodwin). I realize a PSA card re-submission could result in a higher (or lower) grade as it were but this seems different.

https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=6452

http://goodwinandco.com/Ted_Williams_1953_Game_Used___Signed_Hillerich___B-LOT38441.aspx

KGoldin
01-18-2019, 04:30 PM
i have not seen this either and will be emailing John Taube now!
wtf

Tamurai
01-19-2019, 12:50 AM
The first sale on the Game Used Universe or Goldin auction was a straight LOA with no grade. The 2nd sale came after the bat was resubmitted and a grade was paid for. So basically I think that someone paid extra money for a grade which gets a more in depth analysis. It's a 7 and fits the perimeters for the grade so...that's what $65 or so extra so gets you.

KGoldin
01-19-2019, 09:01 AM
The first sale on the Game Used Universe or Goldin auction was a straight LOA with no grade. The 2nd sale came after the bat was resubmitted and a grade was paid for. So basically I think that someone paid extra money for a grade which gets a more in depth analysis. It's a 7 and fits the perimeters for the grade so...that's what $65 or so extra so gets you.

compeltely incorrect , in this case
thr bat was not classified as used in this case when we sold be spoken to John and I expect the bat to be removed from Goodwin. I would rather not comment further until thr matter is resolved

Tamurai
01-19-2019, 10:21 AM
I'm not so sure that I would call it completely incorrect but you be you Ken. I also plan on making some calls regarding this matter as it's an interesting occurrence. I'll post an update of any additional info that I find to keep forum members in the loop.

KGoldin
01-24-2019, 04:24 PM
the bat has been withdrawn from their auction

BirdsOnBat
01-25-2019, 07:59 AM
What was the ultimate reason given for the shift in verbiage from ready to used?

KGoldin
01-29-2019, 04:06 PM
it was not sent to them as an upgrade. any prior stickering was removed i am told

BirdsOnBat
01-30-2019, 07:41 AM
Yikes. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it.