PDA

View Full Version : Clemens jersey on ebay

hiramman
02-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Has anyone else seen this Clemens road jersey on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Rocket-Roger-Clemens-Game-Used-worn-Jersy-Red-Sox_W0QQitemZ190086350790QQihZ009QQcategoryZ60597Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does this look good? Has anyone heard of Robb Wochnick at Sports Warehouse?

Canseco44
02-24-2007, 08:32 PM
This is the same seller who has the Ripken gamer for sale that is on another thread. He is also selling some other unique items. He has a Canseco game bat for sale I would like some opinions on. It looks like it is marked Mac BP on the ends of it. I would like to know what anyone thinks of this.

karamaxjoe
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
The Clemens jersey and the Boggs jersey the seller is listing are both great examples of late 80s Red Sox road jerseys. The tags all look great and the sizes are correct for those years.

Rob Wochnick used to own Sports Warehouse and was a dealer for as long as I can remember. He had to sell his business due to some legal problems. I've bought a couple of jerseys from Robb in the past and only had one complaint. Robb sold so many jerseys that game issued stuff would be sold as game used and I had that problem on one occasion. Robb was very gracious to return my money with no questions asked.

Mike

stlbats
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
The 86 Canseco jersey has some issues with the photos in the auction. The jersey in the COA picture is NOT the same jersey offered for sale. The autograph on the jersey # is in a completely different location. Between all this sellers items, sure is fishy.

Thanks
Jason
ripken8@bellsouth.net

Oil Can Dan
02-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Am I crazy, or does the jersey not match the picture in that the picture of Clemens pitching shows the BO on one side and the jersey shows BOS on one side?

karamaxjoe
02-25-2007, 11:06 AM
You're not crazy, it's the seller that doesn't know what she's doing. The Wilson road jerseys from about 1979 through 1986 had the S in the center of the jersey. The Rawlings road jerseys from 1987 to 1989 had the T in the center. You'd think you could come up with the correct picture for such a high end jersey, but I guess not.

Mike

www.jerseydave.com
02-25-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=1547&auctionid=605

Here is a posting of a Clemens 1987 Away with the "T" on the center from a past Leland's auction.