PDA

View Full Version : New Memorabilia Room

vintagesportscollector
12-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi all-

I completed my new memorabilia room. Well..I guess it's never complete, but it's ready to show. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I ended up displaying about 50% of my collection. The rest is boxed up in storage.

I added some pictures to my photobucket album. Sorry for the size of the pictures. You'll have to do a bit of scrolling up and down and left and right, but at least you can see the details, especially in the cabinets.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c118/vintagesportscollector/Memorabilia%20Room/

Happy New Year!
-Joe

mjkm90
12-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Well done Joe. Very classy and interesting. I love the old phone and the mix of equipment and color. That is also a very interesting (good) way to display jerseys. It makes you want to walk over and look through them.

Mike H

slidekellyslide
12-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey Joe, that's awesome. I notice that you have a lot of Draper & Maynard items....I love the lucky dog stuff.

Swoboda4
12-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Joe-Excellent. I guess we're all in that downstairs/family room-and happy to have it. Great job again,and like you say we're never really finished. We all love baseball but what got you started collecting? With me it was seeing an article w/photos of Barry Halpers collection in 1986.
Robert

vintagesportscollector
12-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks Robert. I'm 36 and have been collecting for a little over 8 years. I'm suprised it took me so long to get started, but unlike some I didn't start with cards, I really didn't collect cards when I was younger. I love antiques and sports, and I only wish I figured out how to combine them many years sooner.

I started collecting with college football programs in 1997 when I came across a few in an antique store. I just loved the artistic covers and the early 20th century history they captured. I also loved Norman Rockwell and one day my wife and I visited the Rockwell museum in Philadelphia and saw some of his originals. My wife bought me a poster of the "The Umpires" and "The Dugout (Cubs)" and had them professionally framed...that got me into collecting baseball memorabilia. The third catalyst was a 1920's Sisler base mitt that my brother in law gave me that belonged to my wife's grandfather...that got me into collecting equipment. From there I've gone through phases of focusing on gloves, then bats, then golf, then more gloves, then ephemera.,.et tal....and now pre-1930 baseball uniforms.

..so that's what got me started. :)