PDA

View Full Version : Heads up if you have any Braves '06 MLB Authenticated jerseys.....

kylehess10
02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Braves 2006 MLB Authenticated jersey's have finally been entered into the system. My Marcus Giles BP jersey comes up as:

Product Description: Giles #22
Session Product Description: Team Issued Jersey
Session Name: Atlanta Braves Authentication

Session Date: 12/7/2006

Autographer:

Authenticator: Authenticators, Inc.

Team-issued, just like they said they were going to be entered. I know mine is game used though since it shows heavy wear. Atleast everything is finally in the system now.

ham1963
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Kyle and others this might
ALL of the 2006 Atlanta Braves jerseys game worn or game issued jerseys have the hologram attached...The authenticator was scheduled to authenticate all the jerseys after the season...they could not determine which jerseys were worn and which jerseys were not worn so ALL of the jerseys (that were authenticated after the season) are identified as "game issued" in the database.( they are not in the system yet)( Supposedly if the Braves authenticator did not see the jersey come off the players back they have to list it in the database as "GAME ISSUED"....It is great that all of the 2006 jerseys have the hologram so we can identify the real jerseys from the fake jerseys...however it is unfortunate that they listed everything as game issued.***

kylehess10
02-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Kyle and others this might
ALL of the 2006 Atlanta Braves jerseys game worn or game issued jerseys have the hologram attached...The authenticator was scheduled to authenticate all the jerseys after the season...they could not determine which jerseys were worn and which jerseys were not worn so ALL of the jerseys (that were authenticated after the season) are identified as "game issued" in the database.( they are not in the system yet)( Supposedly if the Braves authenticator did not see the jersey come off the players back they have to list it in the database as "GAME ISSUED"....It is great that all of the 2006 jerseys have the hologram so we can identify the real jerseys from the fake jerseys...however it is unfortunate that they listed everything as game issued.***

I already knew that they were going to put them in as issued, but I just didn't get why they would do that even if a jersey showed heavy wear

whatupyos
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't get MLB's authentication...there was a forum member who was selling a Chipper Jones jersey here and on EBAY. It was a Red alternate 2006. Showed good use from the link to the EBAY site however, the MLB hologram instead of saying what Kyle said, it read a little different

#10 Chipper Jones jersey
signed jersey

Astros vs. Braves
9-29-2006

The funny thing is it showed use, but they didnt wear Red jerseys on that day, they wore white. So, does that mean the jersey was just authenticated on that day, that it was looked, because I found footage on the Braves website in their archives with them wearing white jerseys. My issue is not with the jersey as it seemed to show good use, but the MLB's authenticating. It didnt even say Team issued...see for yourself. The item was # BB 119681...Its just odd how all teams seam to authenticate differently. I guess it depends like someone said if the Rep. sees the jersey come off the player or they look at the jersey later.

kylehess10
09-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't get MLB's authentication...there was a forum member who was selling a Chipper Jones jersey here and on EBAY. It was a Red alternate 2006. Showed good use from the link to the EBAY site however, the MLB hologram instead of saying what Kyle said, it read a little different

#10 Chipper Jones jersey
signed jersey

Astros vs. Braves
9-29-2006

The funny thing is it showed use, but they didnt wear Red jerseys on that day, they wore white. So, does that mean the jersey was just authenticated on that day, that it was looked, because I found footage on the Braves website in their archives with them wearing white jerseys. My issue is not with the jersey as it seemed to show good use, but the MLB's authenticating. It didnt even say Team issued...see for yourself. The item was # BB 119681...Its just odd how all teams seam to authenticate differently. I guess it depends like someone said if the Rep. sees the jersey come off the player or they look at the jersey later.

The hologram is ONLY for the autograph. If the authentication was anything for it being game used, then it would be listed as that.

whatupyos
09-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Kyle,

How do you explain the game use on the jersey then? I believe it was game used. It was listed on MLB.com as game used...I mean, I would think they would throw game used in the description as well...I'm just trying to understand why it was not on there as such in their description??