PDA

View Full Version : Probstein Bats...

Gralo24
01-31-2018, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone... just wanted to get a few thoughts from people on the game used bats that Probstein offers up on Ebay. Do you feel they are reputable in terms of their bats being legit?

Thanks guys.... Jake

memorabiliaunlimited
01-31-2018, 04:46 PM
probstein is a consignment store. i am pretty sure that everything they post is just consigned to them from other people, though not 100% positive.

Sulross
01-31-2018, 04:55 PM
They provide very little info in their listings but most of their items seem to have pretty solid authentication.

bryzzo2016
01-31-2018, 06:51 PM
Word around the hobby is Probstein uses a lot of Shill Bidders.

sox83cubs84
01-31-2018, 07:41 PM
I feel that Probstein is honest and ethical, but way too reliant on LOAs, especially ones from less than stellar authenticators. I once pointed out a major problem with a Sosa Cubs jersey they offered, but they declined to pull the item, as it had a Lou Lampson LOA. I've bought items from them with success, but I also do my own research first, as I get the feeling that they'd accept and defend an LOA if Amy Schumer wrote it.

Dave Miedema

Sulross
01-31-2018, 07:48 PM
....I get the feeling that they'd accept and defend an LOA if Amy Schumer wrote it.

Dave Miedema

You mean my Amy Schumer authenticated Ted Williams jersey might not be the real thing?!?!

metman80
01-31-2018, 08:51 PM
understatement of the year so far :-)

Word around the hobby is Probstein uses a lot of Shill Bidders.

Gralo24
02-01-2018, 12:21 PM
I feel that Probstein is honest and ethical, but way too reliant on LOAs, especially ones from less than stellar authenticators. I once pointed out a major problem with a Sosa Cubs jersey they offered, but they declined to pull the item, as it had a Lou Lampson LOA. I've bought items from them with success, but I also do my own research first, as I get the feeling that they'd accept and defend an LOA if Amy Schumer wrote it.

Dave Miedema

If nobody else would have responded, this response would have been enough. Thanks Dave for the heads up and for a good laugh!

Jake