PDA

View Full Version : How do you make your purchases?

Pinstripes
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Are you like me, where you get an alotted amount for the month from the wife? Or are you single and have complete reign over how much you spend on your hobby? Also how long does it generally take you to complete a purchase?

suave1477
02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Im not trying to make a stink of this I am just trying to help.

But I don't know if anyone would be comfortable with answering this, its a bit of a personal question.

Me personally I buy as I please whether im with someone or not as long as all my responsibilities are met.

chicagoglen
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
I'll share.

I am married and I spend what I can get away with. :D

I am a collector. As I get into different areas of collecting I sell off items I no longer have interest in. I have done this with, basball cards, PSA graded baseball cards, Stadium Give away bobbleheads, game used items, etc.

As to time to complete a purchase?

A week at most. The most expensive item I have purchased would be about a $1000, so I am not in the area of some of the collectors out there shelling out five or six figures.

Hope that helps,

Glen

Utopian2630
02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I generally buy as finances dictate and as long as I don't have any crazy expenses coming up (i.e. girlfriend wants to go away for the weekend, car breaks down etc.), I can purchase as I please within reason. For bigger purchases, I tend to put as much money down as possible to show that I am serious and complete the sale at a later date. I am in the process of doing that right now actually on a Kordell Stewart game-worn Steelers jersey.