PDA

View Full Version : HA: 1984 George Bell Game Worn Jays Jersey

Harrington
11-17-2017, 01:34 PM
It amazes me how they think this is an authentic game used jersey ("the jersey shows acceptable big league use"). Not by George and certainly not by any Blue jay. Font on the front is way off and so is the letter E. Strip tag doesn't match comparables either. A simple look at baseball cards or getty images is all it takes.

Also beware of the Steib 1982 they have coming up in their next auction. Jerseys that year had a name on the back. Sometimes names were removed but this one shows no sign of that and there is no room for the name anyways. I have also seen the real set 2. What they are auction is likely a sample/salesman jersey.

- Harrington

https://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B1%2F5%2F9%2F7%2F1%2F15971790%5D%2Csi zedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

sox83cubs84
11-17-2017, 11:16 PM
The strip tag is wrong both in font and embroidery color. Plus, the Wilson tag has simulated (and senseless) wear on it that is a trademark of a famous 1980s West Coast forger. Heritage needs to hire someone who knows what they're doing to examine their game used stuff.

Dave Miedema

1929tudor
11-18-2017, 10:00 AM
I agree with you Dave they do need to hire somebody who knows what they're doing on game used stuff. They had an Ozzie Guillen game-used batting helmet which they claim they had a photo match picture of it in the auction. It clearly shows the helmet not even close to the helmet they showed as far as the pine tar all over it. Yes it could possibly have gotten more pine tar as time went on but judging from the picture to the way the helmet looks I would say that isn't called photo matching. I don't know how they came up with that. I called them out on it to see what they would say and they basically just said it is photo matched. If I'm looking at the helmet in their auction I for sure would want the picture to be exactly looking like the helmet but it clearly is not based on the amount of pine tar. They just never seem to want to take anybody else's advice when somebody calls them out on something it's so aggravating. There's plenty of people on Game-Used Universe with tremendous amount of knowledge that know about that stuff but they seem to refuse to take anybody else's opinion like we're all stupid and they know more than anybody else does. I don't claim to be knowledgeable in any of this stuff and I'm not but I definitely would take some of the experts on here over any auction house anytime