PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Havlick ASG Error

Bullsfan1981
11-15-2017, 09:35 PM
As I have seen many times in this hobby it's not uncommon for a player to inaccurate when placing a jersey worn to a specific time. I believe this jersey to be case in point. Lot #15 in Goldin's October legends auction described the Havlicek jersey to be early 60's college all star jersey. However I believe this was actually Havlicek's 1969 NBA all star game jersey. Had i noticed this error earlier i may have placed a bid. I think had it been labeled correctly it would have had no problem reaching it's reserve. I've posted pics below from the 1969 game, one pic includes Jerry Sloan and Hondo, which ironically Goldin sold the Sloan red jersey in their summer auction so you would think the style would have been familiar.

KGoldin
11-16-2017, 08:32 AM
This item was previously sold by another auction house as part of the John Havlicek collection. It came with paperwork from John and was previously sold as such. We will investigate this , thanks

Rade25
11-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Wow, this could have been worth a lot more MONEY as a game worn NBA all-star gamer. Too bad for the seller.

Rade25
11-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Looks like this could be a photo match too. Nice work.

truvalue123
11-16-2017, 11:55 AM
jersey didn't hit reserve..so, seller didn't lose out-sold for $16.7K including juice in 2013-looks like 68 and 69 were not included in the original auction...it would have gone for $25K in original auction...with your find, someone owes YOU big time..Mr. Havlicek lost out in the first auction...but, overall he seemed to do okay...!

KGoldin
11-16-2017, 12:53 PM
The jersey did NOT sell in our auction.
it did sell at previously in a different auction house as part of the Havlicek and my consignor was the buyer.

We will be relisting it once all documentation to confirm it is NBA ALL STAR game jersey is in
thank you for pointing this out

truvalue123
11-16-2017, 11:49 PM
As I have seen many times in this hobby it's not uncommon for a player to inaccurate when placing a jersey worn to a specific time. I believe this jersey to be case in point. Lot #15 in Goldin's October legends auction described the Havlicek jersey to be early 60's college all star jersey. However I believe this was actually Havlicek's 1969 NBA all star game jersey. Had i noticed this error earlier i may have placed a bid. I think had it been labeled correctly it would have had no problem reaching it's reserve. I've posted pics below from the 1969 game, one pic includes Jerry Sloan and Hondo, which ironically Goldin sold the Sloan red jersey in their summer auction so you would think the style would have been familiar.

Maybe you'll get a portion of the $10K or so that you added to the value of the jersey...

Bullsfan1981
11-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Happy to point it out. Consignor got a great deal in 2013, after being disappointed with the results this past auction i'm sure he's more than pleased to hear the great news! $10K or so additional value is right on, i estimate it at $25-$35K based on prior ASG jersey sales in 2013 but maybe more. The 1971 full uni coming up in GF holiday auction looks pretty amazing, a rare piece that was not included in the Hondo collection of 2013.

Wrigley2010
11-18-2017, 09:12 AM
Wow, talk about lending a helping hand! Nice work on a really nice vintage gamer!

Bullsfan1981
11-19-2017, 08:35 PM
I think this image speaks for itself! Shorts also match, a slam dunk!