PDA

View Full Version : Game Worn Tom Brady Jersey?

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Curious question,

Im not trying to brag, but i was involved with the recovery of Brady's stolen super bowl jerseys. Bob Kraft got me tickets and field passes for the home opener where i expect to possibly meet Tom...If i do, what are the chances he gives me a jersey if i ask? I expect my chances to be slim, but it can't hurt to ask- right?

truvalue123
08-24-2017, 05:56 PM
So, are you asking GUU members to answer these questions?

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 05:57 PM
So, are you asking GUU members to answer these questions?

Im trying to gear if people think i have a real possibility. Or if it would be rude of me to ask for one. Thats all.

truvalue123
08-24-2017, 06:03 PM
After seeing what you have been given so far for your role in the recovery, I think you would perceived negatively by ASKING for more...

bgakladd
08-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Hi Dylan, glad your finally on GUU! Congrats on your part in helping find the missing Superbowl jersey of Tom Brady's. Nice of Tom to personalize a football and send it to you also. Bet that was a surprise.

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 06:17 PM
After seeing what you have been given so far for your role in the recovery, I think you would perceived negatively by ASKING for more...

I see your point!

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Hi Dylan, glad your finally on GUU! Congrats on your part in helping find the missing Superbowl jersey of Tom Brady's. Nice of Tom to personalize a football and send it to you also. Bet that was a surprise.

Thank you!! It was totally awesome.

sportscentury
08-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Dylan, I'm not sure folks here realize how essential you were to law enforcement identifying the Mexican thief, Martin Mauricio Ortega, and Brady getting *both* of his stolen Super Bowl jerseys back. I don't believe the media properly credited you (although there were a few exceptions) and I rather doubt the Patriots properly compensated you. If you ask them for a jersey, the worst they can say is no. Welcome to GUU.

yankees506
08-24-2017, 09:12 PM
I'd still ask, if you get that close and get the chance I'd roll the dice and just ask, its a once in a lifetime opportunity. All he can say is no or ingnore your request, you never know. I took a leap of faith last year at a mariner vs. royals game and asked Robinson Cano for his bat, and wouldn't you know I did the impossible and walked away from the game with his bat. Good luck, even a Brady worn wristband would be amazing so shoot high and who knows!

As long as you are not demanding anything I see nothing wrong with asking for something you want, now if you turn around and try to sell said item you got from Brady, then you would look greedy and it would be a totally different story.

truvalue123
08-24-2017, 09:12 PM
So, based on public information, the Patriots are flying you out to Boston, putting you up for a couple of days, providing tix and field access to a game-and, have sent you a personalized, autographed ball from Brady...and, you will likely forever be in their good graces...at this point, thanks goes both ways...sure, if you were ASKED, is there anything else we can do for you this would provide an opportunity to say how you would love to have a game used jersey..but, just asking for one?
You come off as a spoiled brat and risk alienating those who have been thankful for alerting the authorities.
Just one man's opinion...

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 10:37 PM
So, based on public information, the Patriots are flying you out to Boston, putting you up for a couple of days, providing tix and field access to a game-and, have sent you a personalized, autographed ball from Brady...and, you will likely forever be in their good graces...at this point, thanks goes both ways...sure, if you were ASKED, is there anything else we can do for you this would provide an opportunity to say how you would love to have a game used jersey..but, just asking for one?
You come off as a spoiled brat and risk alienating those who have been thankful for alerting the authorities.
Just one man's opinion...

They are not flying me out nor providing hotel. I am paying for that out of pocket.

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Dylan, I'm not sure folks here realize how essential you were to law enforcement identifying the Mexican thief, Martin Mauricio Ortega, and Brady getting *both* of his stolen Super Bowl jerseys back. I don't believe the media properly credited you (although there were a few exceptions) and I rather doubt the Patriots properly compensated you. If you ask them for a jersey, the worst they can say is no. Welcome to GUU.

I think the media treated me very fairly. However i think the media and fbi appreciates my help more than the Patriots did lol

patsfan98
08-24-2017, 10:41 PM
I'd still ask, if you get that close and get the chance I'd roll the dice and just ask, its a once in a lifetime opportunity. All he can say is no or ingnore your request, you never know. I took a leap of faith last year at a mariner vs. royals game and asked Robinson Cano for his bat, and wouldn't you know I did the impossible and walked away from the game with his bat. Good luck, even a Brady worn wristband would be amazing so shoot high and who knows!

As long as you are not demanding anything I see nothing wrong with asking for something you want, now if you turn around and try to sell said item you got from Brady, then you would look greedy and it would be a totally different story.

I would never command anything! I’d be happy with a sweatband or jock strap! Haha.

GMEN92
08-25-2017, 04:28 AM
Ask.. Ask away!! Odds are your never in that situation again..

As others have said.. Worse case they say no..!
Then you still had a great experience..

emann
08-25-2017, 06:15 AM
Ask.. Ask away!! Odds are your never in that situation again.

+1; as long as you don't come off like a pushy fan.

Doesn't the Patriots team store guy post here? Wonder what he thinks . . .

memorabiliaunlimited
08-25-2017, 08:55 AM
how many other chances are you going to have the opportunity to ask Brady for a jersey? especially during a time that is so close in proximity to when you helped him and the organization out, which i think gives you a better chance at receiving a "yes" to your request. as well, if it is during their home opener, he should be in a good mood celebrating his super bowl win. the worst he can say is no, and i dont think you want to go the rest of your life thinking "what if".

patsfan98
08-25-2017, 03:31 PM
+1; as long as you don't come off like a pushy fan.

Doesn't the Patriots team store guy post here? Wonder what he thinks . . .

Ive never spoke with Jim, who i believe post on here. Ive talked with Andrew Slattery. He said he has no clue since he only works in the pro shop.

patsfan98
08-25-2017, 03:31 PM
how many other chances are you going to have the opportunity to ask Brady for a jersey? especially during a time that is so close in proximity to when you helped him and the organization out, which i think gives you a better chance at receiving a "yes" to your request. as well, if it is during their home opener, he should be in a good mood celebrating his super bowl win. the worst he can say is no, and i dont think you want to go the rest of your life thinking "what if".

Thats a good point! I would probably regret not asking.

Mac670
08-25-2017, 04:25 PM
May I ask how you helped the FBI and the Patriots on the theft of Tom Brady Super Bowl jerseys?

Mac670
08-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Googled it. Congrats Dylan.

truvalue123
08-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Well, if the Pats are not paying for any of your trip, my, opinion is swayed...all they sent was a Brady ball and a phone call? If so, you do deserve more...go for it in a pleasant fashion...

patsfan98
08-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Well, if the Pats are not paying for any of your trip, my, opinion is swayed...all they sent was a Brady ball and a phone call? If so, you do deserve more...go for it in a pleasant fashion...

That is correct. Kind of disappointed- i expected a call from Brady himself, but- a call from a billionaire owner definitely works for me! Haha.

patsfan98
08-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Googled it. Congrats Dylan.

Thank you!

STLHAMMER32
08-25-2017, 09:57 PM
A closed mouth won't get fed....ask away.

truvalue123
08-26-2017, 12:47 AM
And a mouth that never closes will support an obese body!

STLHAMMER32
08-26-2017, 10:20 AM
And a mouth that never closes will support an obese body!

Better to live big then die skinny in that case......

Phil316
08-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Personally i would not feel bad asking. Just practice how your going to ask. If you don't get to meet Tom then have a back up way to ask a employee. Goodluck.

patsfan98
08-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Personally i would not feel bad asking. Just practice how your going to ask. If you don't get to meet Tom then have a back up way to ask a employee. Goodluck.

Thank you! And yes, i suppose i should practice!

KGoldin
09-07-2017, 10:51 PM
I'll assume you did NOT ask for a game worn jersey...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/07/fan-who-helped-find-tom-bradys-missing-super-bowl-jerseys-gets-front-row-seats-to-patriots-season-opener.html

patsfan98
09-09-2017, 12:56 AM
I'll assume you did NOT ask for a game worn jersey...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/07/fan-who-helped-find-tom-bradys-missing-super-bowl-jerseys-gets-front-row-seats-to-patriots-season-opener.html

Well- I didn’t even get to meet brady....which was pretty unfortunate considering I helped recover two of his super bowl jerseys. None the less, still an incredible experience that I won’t forget!

sportsnbikes
09-09-2017, 02:06 AM
So were you selling the Ortega guy a signed Brady jersey or a game used one? The article mentioned you were selling him a jersey.

patsfan98
09-09-2017, 02:00 PM
So were you selling the Ortega guy a signed Brady jersey or a game used one? The article mentioned you were selling him a jersey.

I sold him a game worn deion branch patriots jersey.