PDA

View Full Version : Konerko 2001 Home Jersey on E-Bay

Shooter44
02-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello-

There is a Konerko jersey up for sale on E-bay, item #330089696084 that I want to bring up for discussion.

In 2002 I purchased Konerko's Set 1, 2001 home jersey from the White Sox. This jersey currently up for sale is the same set from the same year, however it seems there are several issues with it. The main issue is that the lettering on the back of the jersey seems to small. Also, the jesey is void of the 9/11 flag.

Is it possible that Konerko could have been issued 2 set 1 jerseys for 2001? Does the lettering on the back of the jersey seem small to other Sox collectors as well? I just wonder if this was a left over blank jersey from 2001 that has now been made to look like Konerko's. I have e-mailed the seller with my questions.

Thanks,
Bill

karamaxjoe
02-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I think the only way to know is to ask the seller to measure the letters on back. Since the jersey is a size 50 the letters and number on back are going to look smaller than usual. I remember seeing some David Wells Sox jerseys and the letters and number looked tiny on the back. I wouldn't worry about the 911 patch missing since they only wore that for a month. I don't think I would be too concerned with multiple set 1 jerseys. I remember going to the White Sox Garage Sales and seeing multiple jerseys of players. The question should probably be how much use the jersey has. Even the seller states he is selling the jersey as issued due to very little if any use. Most Konerko jerseys I've seen have been size 48 and I'm guessing he had a few size 50 around just in case he needed a larger size. This jersey most likely saw no action.

Mike