PDA

View Full Version : Would You Rather Have Judge's 1st Jersey or....

GoCrazyFolks76
07-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Since Judge's first MLB jersey has now topped $150k, I thought I'd ask the following question:

If you had an extra $150k laying around that you had to use to buy something in the hobby, would you buy the Judge jersey? If not, what would you buy?

For me personally, I'd buy the following:

Stan Musial Flannel $50k
Bob Gibson Flannel $30k
Lou Brock Flannel $20k
And with the leftover $50k I'd pick up a game used bat from just about every Cardinals HOF'er.

What would you guys buy?

Dewey2007
07-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Hell no! Not when you could get a Clemente jersey for 60K and still have money left over to buy plenty more.

I really hope Judge turns out to have a HOF career or the price for that jersey while already ridiculous will be even more.

Bondsgloves
07-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Is it just me or does it look like the Steiner auction is still going..... Not again!!!we are in extended bidding all day so far...lol

truvalue123
07-30-2017, 06:59 AM
auction closed at 1 pm...I went to sleep at midnight,, I was outbid at 1238 and 1 54...
At 730 am auction now closed...no warning, no announcement of closing time...obviously no monitoring of auction by Stener as an earlier announcement said they were leaving office at 6 pn..
One item was the 3rd bid..13 hours after the "close"

Buccaneer Madden
07-30-2017, 01:19 PM
I'm betting the guy who bought this is the same guy who bought all the Jeremy Lin and Yasiel Puig jerseys.

apfriz
07-30-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm betting the guy who bought this is the same guy who bought all the Jeremy Lin and Yasiel Puig jerseys.

..or maybe a card company that wants to make the jersey a 'chase' card...they would prob get their money back and then some with a set that incl the possibility of getting a jersey that is hot like that...the 'game used jersey' card is not my taste but it seems they still get mileage out of them. I think if they offered up the actual jersey to someone through a voucher, along with a few other possible items, they would sell like mad...

sox83cubs84
07-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Even if I were a multi-millionaire (which I am not), I wouldn't buy it. If Judge crashes and burns in the next few years, this could be the Mark Sanchez Jets rookie jersey times 10.

Dave Miedema

mad87man
07-31-2017, 12:09 AM
Even if I were a multi-millionaire (which I am not), I wouldn't buy it. If Judge crashes and burns in the next few years, this could be the Mark Sanchez Jets rookie jersey times 10.

Dave Miedema
I was just going to post the SAME thing. Being a jets collector i saw the price of Sanchez's stuff beyond my wildest imagination. I remember his throwback Jersey and pants set was like 15,000. i paid 500.

I don't think these days id pay that much for a jersey(150,000) even if i could afford to. These companies are out to make as much as they can and will just put more shirts on his back.Look at years and years ago, you don't know how many are still around or how many a player even wore in a game. With a guy as popular as Judge is now, he could be wearing like 3 jerseys per game let alone how many per season.

Vintagedeputy
07-31-2017, 12:04 PM
My comfort level with a Judge jersey is about $300....I would not offer a penny more at this point in his career, and I'm a Yankee fan!

Knock knock
Who's there?
Kevin Maas
Kevin Maas who?
My point exactly.

5kRunner
07-31-2017, 02:08 PM
My comfort level with a Judge jersey is about $300....I would not offer a penny more at this point in his career, and I'm a Yankee fan!

Knock knock
Who's there?
Kevin Maas
Kevin Maas who?
My point exactly.

Kevin Maas says hello.

https://client.schwab.com/public/consultant?fc=kevin.maas

gorilla777
07-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Kevin Maas says hello.

https://client.schwab.com/public/consultant?fc=kevin.maas

Great find...I'm sharing that with some folks around the industry

Swoboda4
07-31-2017, 04:21 PM
His first jersey is actually WORTH $5,000-maybe (every jersey after that $1,500-actually). Nothing good comes from swinging as hard as you can for two hours- mid season no less. The Home Run Derby is a Roman Coliseum spectacle that ruins people. Instead, he should have rested for the second half, and win the real HR title and help the Yankees win. Hopefully he recovers, ask David Wright about that. You make your investment on a jersey when you buy it, in this case that sum will never be realized back. We're painted as suckers, and we are.

3arod13
07-31-2017, 05:53 PM

Knock knock
Who's there?
Kevin Maas
Kevin Maas who?
My point exactly.

+1 Great what he is doing this year. But who knows a year or two from now.

sox83cubs84
07-31-2017, 06:19 PM

Knock knock
Who's there?
Kevin Maas
Kevin Maas who?
My point exactly.

+1.

Dave M.