PDA

View Full Version : Authenticated Robinson Cano Home Run Baseball!! I Finally Found My HR Baseball White Whale!!

carbonrosa
07-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Finally Found my Home Run White Whale!!
Robinson Cano HR #288
5/30/17 Rockies vs. Mariners
Possibly the only Cano HR baseball authenticated and sold to the public!!
I've contacted every team from the Yankees to the Mariners. From the Angles to the Astros and was told they all have never authenticated a Cano HR for sale. Had a great conversation with the Blue Jays rep who sells many HR baseballs there in Toronto, taking time to search his past sales and told me the team has never sold one. THE DID SELL A DEREK JETER HR BALL IN 2014 THAT SOLD FOR $12000ca!! I watched every home run from 2012-2017 and the only team I need to hear back from is the Athletics to see if they ever sold two from 2016, one from 2013 or one from 2012.
I've been searching for one since 2008 all over the internet hoping to see one at auction and have never come across a authenticated Robinson Cano Home Run. Soooo happy to finally get one. A rare ball indeed!!

mrjohnmalton
07-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Nice find! Congrats!

beef
07-25-2017, 07:00 AM
Great find! If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I do believe that the A's sold at least one of the Cano homeruns from last year on MLB auctions. I tried to buy it from Erik before the auction but he wanted to send it to auction.
-Ryan

yankees506
07-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Sweet pick up! I had to buy mine from a fan in the stands! If i remember this homer correctly stat cast had it at something like 452 feet, one of if not the longest home run of canos career!

carbonrosa
07-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Great find! If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I do believe that the A's sold at least one of the Cano homeruns from last year on MLB auctions. I tried to buy it from Erik before the auction but he wanted to send it to auction.
-Ryan

Erik and the A's is the only team I need to contact from my search. Cano has hit only a few past there fences on to the concrete. 4 in total since his debut. 2 in 2016, 1 in 2013 and 2012. I don't remember seeing a Cano Home Run ball on MLB auctions? I'm on there all the time especially last year? You wouldn't happen to have the link to that auction page by any chance? If the A's did sell a Cano Home Run then it was from either 5/3/16 or 8/13/16 where the ball fell into the back area.
Even with that other one sold, that only makes two Home Runs sold throughout his career which still makes them very rare.

beef
07-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Unfortunately I do not have a link and I can't remember the final price on it. I did not realize at the time how few get authenticated and how hard it would be to get one. Definitely a rare and amazing ball! If you ever need to sell it, please keep me in mind. Great score!

carbonrosa
08-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately I do not have a link and I can't remember the final price on it. I did not realize at the time how few get authenticated and how hard it would be to get one. Definitely a rare and amazing ball! If you ever need to sell it, please keep me in mind. Great score!

Hi Ryan, I just got an email reply back from Erik who heads the A's GU dept. I know he's been there for a few years now so I was surprised with his response saying he never received a Robinson canal homerun baseball. If this is really the case, then this is definitely the only homerun baseball of his authenticated for sale.

"Sorry, I have not collected a Cano HR ball yet that has bounced back on to the field.

Erik

Erik Farrell
Manager, Authentication
510-563-2231
Oakland Athletics
Oakland Coliseum | 7000 Coliseum Way Oakland CA 94621
Web | Tickets | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
World Series Champions
1910 | 1911 | 1913 | 1929 | 1930 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1989

Thanks Erik. Someone posted your Giants list of GU baseballs available from that series on facebook. I guess I got to it too late. Quick question, have you ever sold a Robinson Cano Home Run baseball? If so, how many? I'm trying to see how rare a home run ball of his is. I know he hit a few beyond the fence onto the concrete.
2012-05-25 Yankees @ Athletics (Center Field)
2013-06-13 Yankees @ Athletics (Center Field)
2016-05-03 Mariners @ Athletics (Left Field)
2016-08-13 Mariners @ Athletics (Center Field)

beef
08-04-2017, 09:11 AM
I will comb through my emails and see if I can find my conversation with Erik. Now I'm questioning my memory but I definitely don't want to give you false information, so I will do my best.

Dewey2007
08-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Nice pickup and dedicated research!

I have a Jimmy Rollins MLB Authenticated HR ball from 9/19/2012 @ NY Mets. It was Career HR #192 and his 43rd career leadoff HR too. It is the only J-Roll authenticated HR ball I have come across but not sure if it's the only one.