PDA

View Full Version : Nike to revamp NBA game jerseys in 2017-18

sox83cubs84
07-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Now that they're taking over the NBA uniform contract, Nike, according to an article online from Sports Illustrated, plans to eliminate the concept of home and road jerseys, and instead plans to issue 4 different jersey styles for each team.

What was once the home uniform will now be redubbed the "Association" and what was once known as the road jersey has been rechristened the "Icon".

According to SI, the home team chooses what one of the 4 styles to wear, and then the road team can wear any of their 4 styles, as long as there's a contrast with the home team's style.

I personally am not on board with this...what do y'all think?

Dave Miedema

astizzle
07-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Me neither, I think the home/away color tradition stood for decades for a reason.
I am more of a traditionalist and I did not like a number of rather ugly color-on-color match ups in the past.

emann
07-20-2017, 04:09 PM
I agree with you Dave, but I'd add that the NBA seems misguided in their branding overall for years. The jerseys with sleeves suck.

Home/away jerseys seem like a pretty basic concept in sports, I think they should remain sacrosanct.

We'll see when the sponsorship logos start making an appearance; can't be long.

mrjohnmalton
07-20-2017, 07:26 PM
We'll see when the sponsorship logos start making an appearance; can't be long.

The Sixers have already announced the first jersey patch sponsorship for the 2017-18 season. They will have a Stub Hub patch on the left side of the front of their jerseys.

sox83cubs84
07-20-2017, 08:54 PM
If I didn't need to check them out in order to stay on top of jersey authentication, I wouldn't bother with the NBA at all. Too many of the big names in the league think they're political analysts, and my interest in the league has all but died as a result of it. Lots of things wrong with the Association these days, and uniform marketing seems to be just one glaring example.

Dave M.

both-teams-played-hard
07-21-2017, 02:54 PM
If I didn't need to check them out in order to stay on top of jersey authentication, I wouldn't bother with the NBA at all. Too many of the big names in the league think they're political analysts, and my interest in the league has all but died as a result of it. Lots of things wrong with the Association these days, and uniform marketing seems to be just one glaring example.

Dave M.

Mr. Miedooma,

A few questions. What jerseys do you actually authenticate? Who pays you to write a letter of authenticity? If it wasn't for Howard Wolfe and the sports tagging database, your knowledge would be limited. If you don't like the NBA, be cause of its players' political views. Then you are missing out on the best league in the world.

Two tears in a bucket!

G1X
07-21-2017, 03:17 PM
I am not a collector of NBA jerseys, but I find them to be more imaginative than the other major sports leagues. The NBA does more with less as there is not a whole lot of material to work with on a basketball uniform.

I don't mind the sleeves on basketball jerseys. I know that it is not traditional, but I like the look.

If both teams wear colors, it is that much better and more pleasing to my eyes. I was never a fan of old-school basketball where the home team usually wore white. I wanted to see my home team wearing colors as white basketball jerseys can be very plain and boring IMHO.

Mark Hayne
gixc@verizon.net

sox83cubs84
07-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Mr. Miedooma,

A few questions. What jerseys do you actually authenticate? Who pays you to write a letter of authenticity? If it wasn't for Howard Wolfe and the sports tagging database, your knowledge would be limited. If you don't like the NBA, be cause of its players' political views. Then you are missing out on the best league in the world.

Two tears in a bucket!

Warren:

Jerseys for Goldin Auctions, Huggins & Scott Auctions, Crown Sports Auctions, Infinite Auctions, and numerous collectors both on and outside of GUU. Howard and I trade information, and the alerts I get are ones he sends me on his own, not ones I ask him for advice on.

I have plenty of tagging information both in my memory and from photos I've taken and have stored in folders.

It sounds like you're trying to paint me as a phony, Warren, only because
I don't like the nature of what too many fake political experts in the NBA have to say. Sounds to me like major butthurt and nothing more, and I don't mind your disagreements with me on political preferences, but to insinuate that I'm an authentication fraud because of it is something I thought you were better than, Warren, and it's disappointing to find out you're not.

Dave Miedema

both-teams-played-hard
07-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Try this site for tagging resource:
http://sportstaggingdatabase.yolasite.com

Dave, No hard feelings. But…2 tears in a bucket.
Yes sir! I am indeed "Butthurt" I was recently Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). But I am 47 years old and there a re little kids who are way worse off than me.
I am waiting for your president, to make this country great again.
Clock is ticking…

Two Tears in a Bucket.

bgakladd
07-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Can't we just stick to the question about what everyone thinks about the basketball jersey question and leave the politcal and personal attacks out of it?

Buccaneer Madden
07-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Its the NBA version of college football helmets, they are trying to be young and hip. I think its stupid and kind of pathetic but it will make the NBA a ton of money and that's all that matters to them.

sox83cubs84
07-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Try this site for tagging resource:
http://sportstaggingdatabase.yolasite.com

Dave, No hard feelings. But…2 tears in a bucket.
Yes sir! I am indeed "Butthurt" I was recently Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). But I am 47 years old and there a re little kids who are way worse off than me.
I am waiting for your president, to make this country great again.
Clock is ticking…

Two Tears in a Bucket.

Warren:

Sorry to hear of your health issues. I don't know what MS is like, but I know what 2 kidney transplants, a pacemaker, a blood virus, and a swollen right arm that would require the equivalent of open heart surgery to fix (blood flow problem). And I, too, know that there are many worse off than me.

Still, I am a little perturbed at you calling my hobby abilities into questions due to nothing more than a disagreement on left/right issues. That wasn't a matter of disagreement...that was a personal insult, and one I won't forget until an apology is offered.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
07-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Can't we just stick to the question about what everyone thinks about the basketball jersey question and leave the politcal and personal attacks out of it?

Sounds like a worthwhile option to me.

Dave M.