PDA

View Full Version : 1996-97 Game Used Michael Jordan Road Jersey

FadeawayJ23
07-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Does anyone have any additional insights on this jersey? As far as MJ jerseys go, is this about the best provenance possible in the market? Thanks, Joe

https://goldinauctions.com/1996_97_Michael_Jordan_Game_Used_and_Signed_Inscri-LOT32749.aspx

astizzle
07-17-2017, 06:07 AM
I think concerning paperwork it is ok.
But what does in fact prove that you'll get the actual jersey that is described in the Bulls letter? All you have is a lose description like size, extra length and color.
The autograph doesn't prove anything.
In the photos of Jordan Mears used for their letter he is not wearing that particular jersey in any of it that is obvious, so these are example pictures only.
I collect jersey on the absolute other end of the price spectrum but even here I insist on a photo- or videomatch. For me that is the only proof. Perhaps besides getting it from the athlete himself, but sometimes even they make mistakes.
Every jersey has its own charakteristics, especially older ones, and photomatching a Jordan jersey should be quite easy.
I couldn't imagine spending 50k or even just 1k without rock solid visual proof, that I get what I paid for.

Alex

FadeawayJ23
07-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the insight. Definitely appreciated!