PDA

View Full Version : Pilot gets its wings back (sort of)

shermdawurm
06-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Hi guys just wanted to share one of my favorite jerseys. This jersey was pitching coach Sal Maglie's 1969 Seattle Pilots home jersey but like most Pilot's jerseys, it had the original patches stripped off and was converted to a Milwaukee Brewers minor league affiliate's jersey. I bought this over a year ago when it was a Danville Warriors jersey and the masterful Lon Lewis restored the name and front number. The back #4 patch is original but was removed and then sewn on again by the Warriors. Unfortunately we couldn't find a good copy of a Pilots logo patch so it was left blank for a while until I recently found a pair (1 home, 1 away) of more accurate looking Pilots wheel logo patches. The away patch actually might be a legit unused original patch but the home patch is definitely a reproduction. I don't want to permanently use this logo patch since its not completely accurate so I temporarily attached it with a stitch on the top, sides and bottom. Theres also a chance that the Pilots second and last manager, Dave Bristol, may have worn this jersey during spring training of 1970 but no way to tell for sure. Not completely done yet but it looks a lot better than having a huge blank spot lol.