PDA

View Full Version : Grey flannel auction

sherbal15
06-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Steiner got pasted for this a while back so it's only fair to blast grey flannel. Why is this auction still going? I don't understand how bidders need 3 weeks to bid and then another 10 plus hours of extended bidding. Has anyone on here stayed up all night watching this?

ndevlin
06-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Received an email around 4am that I was still winning a lot. Now I'm outbid.

Junk...

seanbaseball
06-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Truly is insane! and really stupid!

truvalue123
06-22-2017, 02:17 PM
It is now closed, but, didn't get an email announcing it...actually, I'd rather have it close the next day rather than the middle of the night/next morning, if they have to close it at once...

fen1kuk
06-23-2017, 03:57 AM
I don't understand how bidders need 3 weeks to bid and then another 10 plus hours of extended bidding.

The thing is bidders don't usually actively bid over the first three weeks. It's the extended bidding period which is the real auction.

That said, as a bidder I agree with the concept of an extension after each bid if its an item by item close. The frustration comes from the whole catalogue being extended due to a bid on a single item.

Raidersfan
06-23-2017, 11:57 AM
I hate the extended bidding but it will never change. I've never been to a live auction where the auctioneer gavels it as sold but then says "you've won it for now but we are going to formally sell it 8 hours later if any one else wants to creep in at that time."

Maybe just stop calling them auctions.

memorabiliaunlimited
06-23-2017, 01:38 PM
do people prefer to have the auction end in the wee morning hours on the weekend (most auctions), or during the week at the start of the following workday (grey flannel)?

on one hand, with the auctions that end on the weekend, you are able to stay up for most of, if not the entire, auction if you wish. but on the other hand, during the week with grey flannel, if you wanted to you could have put in your final bids when you woke up/got to work the next day.

my preference is the weekend, for sure. just too long the other way, in my opinion.

truvalue123
06-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Well, good point...Robert Edward auctions seems to have the best of both worlds with how they end their auctions now...

memorabiliaunlimited
06-23-2017, 05:45 PM
that is pretty true, though their last one was on a sunday i believe. i think the only way extended bidding gets shortened if it closes lot by lot.

Juicyfruit66
06-23-2017, 11:59 PM
everyone should just not bid. I don't think they do a very good job of vetting their stuff anyway....personally I'd use mears or another one.

ousooner_85
06-25-2017, 11:36 PM
Lot by lot closing just makes the most sense. Allows bidders to reallocate additional funds as needed.

Chess2899
07-08-2017, 10:33 PM
I was outbid at 8:45 am.
Awful!!!

Phil316
07-09-2017, 02:02 PM
everyone should just not bid. I don't think they do a very good job of vetting their stuff anyway....personally I'd use mears or another one.

I agree with you 100%. Save your money guys. You will thank us when you go and try to resell in the future.