PDA

View Full Version : Pink Bats on Mothers Weekend? Where are they?

TigersCubs84
05-29-2017, 07:35 PM
I noticed this year they used the bats all weekend. Should be more on th emarket in the future. Haven't seen many though. Now MLB is wearing green uniforms all weekend vs. Memorial Day. Money grab by MLB that's a bit embarrassing/shameful in my opinion.

momen55
06-02-2017, 09:45 PM
all about money. mlb is definitely showing it's true colors. anything to make more money.

ironmanfan
06-03-2017, 06:40 PM
all about money. mlb is definitely showing it's true colors. anything to make more money.

aren't the proceeds being used for charitable purposes?

TigersCubs84
06-04-2017, 07:24 PM
aren't the proceeds being used for charitable purposes?

You are probably correct. If this is true, then I would think more is better. I'll have to check on this. Thanks for the comment!

Juicyfruit66
06-04-2017, 08:25 PM
.http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/04/11/mlb-unveils-2017-holiday-uniforms-will-now-cover-entire-weekends/

TigersCubs84
06-05-2017, 11:44 AM
.http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/04/11/mlb-unveils-2017-holiday-uniforms-will-now-cover-entire-weekends/

Thanks for the linked info. If all the MLB proceeds go to the charity, I'm all for it.

mrjohnmalton
06-06-2017, 09:32 PM
I would love to have a pink bat in my collection. It would definitely stand out amongst the rest, for sure. The Indians have listed some of the Mothers Day jerseys on MLB Auctions, but I haven't seen anything about the bats.

G1X
06-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Not being critical of anyone posting in this thread, but I cannot call it a money grab by MLB when its collectors and fans like many of us in GUU who are the ones that keep feeding the monster. It's like complaining about ticket prices, athletes' salaries, etc. Most of the fans that complain are the ones contributing to all of this. Even if you never attend a game in person, as long as you support the game in some form or fashion (watching games on TV or listening on the radio), buying any type of MLB licensed products ranging from a team tee-shirt at Target to cards to game-used gear and everything in between, you are financially supporting your favorite team and MLB.

It's just business, and any smart business will attempt to generate revenue where there is demand and an opportunity to make money. At the end of the day, as much as we like sports and take it very seriously, it is really nothing more than a form of entertainment that is trying to grab as much of our discretionary income that we are willing to spend. MLB is no different than the movie industry, music industry, Las Vegas, Amazon, your favorite restaurant, vacation destinations, etc., etc., etc.

As some have mentioned in this thread, the money from MLB Auctions is for charitable purposes, so the more the better!

Mark Hayne

lengthwise1
06-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Rockies told me all pink bats went back to MLB, so I guess we will see them soon. With that said, I know the proceeds from the pink items are for charity and some items/teams post things that the proceeds get donated, but not everything on MLB auctions is for charity. Many of the teams pocket the cash to offset the costs of purchasing uniforms/equipment.

mrjohnmalton
06-13-2017, 08:42 PM
Rockies told me all pink bats went back to MLB, so I guess we will see them soon. With that said, I know the proceeds from the pink items are for charity and some items/teams post things that the proceeds get donated, but not everything on MLB auctions is for charity. Many of the teams pocket the cash to offset the costs of purchasing uniforms/equipment.

I was told the same thing by the Indians. Hoping they pop up on the MLB auction site sometime in the near future.

mrjohnmalton
07-07-2017, 02:46 PM
MLB listed some pink bats, as well as some misc. items such as batting gloves, compression sleeves, undershirts, etc. I noticed that a lot of the bats are "team issued". They have not listed very much, though. The Indians only have one "team issued" bat listed, and a few wristbands, sleeves, and an undershirt.

I also noticed a listing for Jason Kipnis game used and autographed pink batting gloves. In the description it says they were worn on 5/14..

http://www.auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1924615&pgmode1=partsearch&pgcust1=&pgmode3=livebid&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=title&qt[0].value1=pink+bat

but in a video recap I watched earlier, Kipnis was wearing white batting gloves at the plate that day.

memorabiliaunlimited
07-07-2017, 05:46 PM
I also noticed a listing for Jason Kipnis game used and autographed pink batting gloves. In the description it says they were worn on 5/14..

http://www.auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1924615&pgmode1=partsearch&pgcust1=&pgmode3=livebid&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=title&qt[0].value1=pink+bat

but in a video recap I watched earlier, Kipnis was wearing white batting gloves at the plate that day.

i also noticed this and contacted MLB about it. they said that they were going to remove the item from the auction and look into it because the authenticators information had it authenticated to 5/14, when he wore white in every at bat. ill note that the responses were extremely fast and involved multiple people, which was more impressive. it took less than an hour from my first email for them to make the decision to remove it.

mrjohnmalton
07-07-2017, 07:32 PM
i also noticed this and contacted MLB about it. they said that they were going to remove the item from the auction and look into it because the authenticators information had it authenticated to 5/14, when he wore white in every at bat. ill note that the responses were extremely fast and involved multiple people, which was more impressive. it took less than an hour from my first email for them to make the decision to remove it.

Good to hear! I am still wondering where the countless bats and other items are. I was informed that MLB took it all. Why only list these odd items right now?

TigersCubs84
07-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I'm still looking for pink bats to show up. Any info is good info.

mrjohnmalton
07-26-2017, 10:14 PM

Just checked out the Indians game used auctions, and they have re-listed the pink gloves. They are still trying to claim that he wore them on 5/14. Not only did he NOT wear pink gloves that day, but the gloves they have listed are blatantly un-used. Kipnis uses a fair amount of pine tar on his bats and the palms on these gloves are pristine.

kj33706
09-12-2017, 01:04 AM
The St.Louis Cardinals used several pink bats for the weekend vs the Cubs but none ever were auctioned off on MLB. I talked to a person with the Cardinals and they said the MLB were to auction them off and I talked with someone with the MLB and they said they NEVER collected them! So where did they go?