PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XXX Game-Used Football

sprint23
05-24-2017, 03:09 PM
I have been offered the ball pictured. I was told it was Game-Used in the 1996 Super Bowl and signed by Franco Harris. There is no paperwork. It was given to the girl's mother by a local politician that attended the game. I am in no way a GU football expert. Any opinions on authenticity and value. Thanks.

Briggsd719
05-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Are there any markings on ball?

sprint23
05-24-2017, 05:13 PM
Doesn't appear to be

Briggsd719
05-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Hard to say if game used without any markings so many fakes out there. Only thing I suggest is try to get the Harris signature authenticated then if somehow you could get a hold of Harris at like a signing or something ask if he knows anything about the ball with the story stated. Without coa or anything depending on price i would just value you at a Franco Harris signed ball if authenticated. Then play it from there. A good way to get authenticated is go with psa quick opinion.

sprint23
05-24-2017, 06:32 PM
I didn't know if balls like this were readily available during that time period. I know current balls have referee markings but unsure when that started.

Briggsd719
05-24-2017, 07:19 PM
I didn't know if balls like this were readily available during that time period. I know current balls have referee markings but unsure when that started.

Usually would have some sort of markings sometimes on the threads. Those balls are available on open market. If auto is correct still a cool piece.