PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Game Worn. No....and Yes.

DoctorLoomis
05-23-2017, 02:01 AM
In Goldin Auctions current lineup there's a supposed Peyton Manning 2005 game used jersey. As soon as I saw it I knew there were issues. First of all it is tagged '04 in the neck. Now, before I say more, it's very correct that jerseys are sometimes reused for the next season. But....Peyton Manning having a reused jersey? 0.000% chance. Next, and complicating matters more, is the fact that Peyton signed it "2005 season". I personally know of at least one other gamer that he has signed incorrectly as far as the year is concerned. Lastly is the LOA that accompanies the jersey that states after thorough examination it is concluded the jersey was worn during the 2005 season. Whew......

I went back and searched every game photo I could find from the 2005 season. I knew darn well this jersey COULD NOT be worn in '05 but I wanted to double check just in case. Sure enough not one single game photo matches the auction shirt. I then scoured every 2004 game photo I could find and lo and behold not one single game photo matched this jersey. Now knowing this jersey was certainly a 2004 shirt I had the hunch of checking preseason games. Getty images revealed ONE somewhat grainy photo that really seemed to match the auction jersey. I contacted the photographer that took the photo some 13 years ago in the hopes he could help. He emailed me today and then called me. Surprisingly he said he still had game photos from all these years! Bottom line is he sent me the raw file from a preseason game played August 14th, 2004 at Qualcomm Stadium. Sure enough...as I strongly suspected....it was a dead solid iron clad photo match!

In conclusion, the jersey was never worn in a regulation NFL game....and it surely was not worn in 2005. I spoke with Ken Goldin about this and emailed him the photo evidence. Of course Ken being the straight up guy he said he will amend the jersey description. I won't say anything further except....DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Attached is a photo of the auction jersey and an iron clad photo match to the preseason game.

https://goldinauctions.com/2005_Peyton_Manning_Game_Used_and_Signed_Indianapo-LOT31260.aspx

DoctorLoomis
05-23-2017, 02:08 AM
Here is the photo match..........