PDA

View Full Version : Finest Nolan Ryan Gamer?

DoctorLoomis
04-28-2017, 07:06 PM
If this jersey is the finest ever graded by MEARS why is it not commanding a much higher price? Does anyone here see anything wrong with it?

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=45311

esquiresports
05-01-2017, 07:13 PM
One thing that is commonly mentioned is that Ryan only wore Goodman & Sons jerseys on days where he was pitching. I've seen some photos of him wearing others, but none of them were clearly from in-season games (may have been taken in Spring Training).

sox83cubs84
05-01-2017, 10:49 PM
One thing that is commonly mentioned is that Ryan only wore Goodman & Sons jerseys on days where he was pitching. I've seen some photos of him wearing others, but none of them were clearly from in-season games (may have been taken in Spring Training).

I'm not sure that his Goodman-only stance for games pitched took place that early in his career. From what I can see, the first time he differed from what the rest of his team wore was when he joined the Rangers and wore Goodman unis on days he pitched while the rest of the team wore Rawlings. The Astros, of course, wore at least some Goodman attire from 1984-88.

Dave Miedema

ccmunner
05-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Hi Dave,
Sorry, this is off topic but I wasn't sure how else to contact you. Could I contact you privately to talk about jersey that I have. Please let me know..thanks
Chris

sox83cubs84
05-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Hi Dave,
Sorry, this is off topic but I wasn't sure how else to contact you. Could I contact you privately to talk about jersey that I have. Please let me know..thanks
Chris

See Trivia thread.

Dave M.