PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: gamusedguru88 bad jerseys

kesseldawg
04-25-2017, 08:32 AM
On ebay, gameusedguru88 claims to have almost every game used spring training home opener jersey of the Yankees. None of these jerseys have the FL patch, but all come with an alleged Steiner hologram. I wanted to purchase the Chance Adams jersey and I contacted him about the lack of FL patch and he said:
The Yankees wear pinstripes in spring training only at their ST home opener and for some reason they did not have the FL patch this year.

I just contacted Steiner, as I purchased the game used Chance Adams home ST opener jersey from Steiner, and they told me that this seller's jerseys are bogus and they seem to have fake Steiner holograms on them. I am not saying that gameusedguru88 did this himself, but I am going to let him know what Steiner said and wanted to warn others. Odd that this morning, the Chance Adams and Clint Frazier jerseys are down (all others are still there) whereas before I contacted him last night, there were still there. It's not letting me edit the thread name, but the correct ebay user name is gameusedguru88. I had spelled it wrong!

truvalue123
04-25-2017, 08:57 AM
This seller IS STEINER...They have 5,901 items listed right now on eBay.
The Yankees did NOT wear a Spring Training patch on these jerseys.
The Chance Adams jersey is probably no longer on eBay because YOU BOUGHT IT FROM STEINER.
Anything else being stated on the previous post is inaccurate and should be removed from the forum.

memorabiliaunlimited
04-25-2017, 09:19 AM
that is steiner. whoever you spoke to at steiner that told you that everything they have listed is fake has no idea what they are talking about..

kesseldawg
04-25-2017, 11:43 AM
I am working with Steiner to figure this out. The jerseys on ebay do not have the FL patch, but the same game used first home spring training game jerseys on the Steiner website DO have the patch. Not sure how to reconcile that. I spoke to 2 guys at Steiner who were unaware of the gameusedguru88 name (why didn't they use steinersports?) but yes, then did say it was Steiner. I will update when I have info about why 2 different jerseys are being sold as game used for the same game, some with the patch and some without. I know Steiner gets their stuff right from the Yankees, so there just has to be a glitch somewhere.

kesseldawg
04-25-2017, 01:27 PM
This seller IS STEINER...They have 5,901 items listed right now on eBay.
The Yankees did NOT wear a Spring Training patch on these jerseys.
The Chance Adams jersey is probably no longer on eBay because YOU BOUGHT IT FROM STEINER.
Anything else being stated on the previous post is inaccurate and should be removed from the forum.

The one I bought from Steiner HAS the patch. That is what I am trying to reconcile. EVERY game used jersey from that date on the Steiner website has the patch. Ugh!!

yanks12025
04-25-2017, 02:49 PM
The one I bought from Steiner HAS the patch. That is what I am trying to reconcile. EVERY game used jersey from that date on the Steiner website has the patch. Ugh!!

Quick gettyimage search, shows they didn't have the patch this year. It was probably a mistake and they used a stock photo of last years spring training jersey.

truvalue123
04-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Steiner also has a Steiner store on eBay...not surprising the internal people don't know about it..Well, it is surprising, but, not surprised to hear they don't know about the name...if anyone knows what the internal reps do, post it.

kesseldawg
04-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Quick gettyimage search, shows they didn't have the patch this year. It was probably a mistake and they used a stock photo of last years spring training jersey.

I would have thought that too, but Steiner told me they checked with their Yankee rep and the team DID use the patch (I know, they didn't that game) and that the jersey with the patch was the good one. There are just so many questions here...not to mention why Steiner uses such a weird name on ebay.

Jags Fan Dan
04-25-2017, 06:00 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=69513

worldchamps
04-25-2017, 10:54 PM
I have purchased from them, and when you PayPal them it says you sent a payment to Steiner. The shipping label was from Steiner

The funny thing is , on Steiner make an offer i offered $99 for an item, they countered back saying the lowest they would go is $110.... I ended up buying on their "Ebay" account for $75....hahaha

TwinLakesPark
04-26-2017, 01:42 PM
There are just so many questions here...not to mention why Steiner uses such a weird name on ebay.

Although some have speculated that changing ebay names is for identity masking, I understand it as a tax evasion strategy whereas ebay will 1099 an ebay account once it reaches 50k in sales (I am not 100% sure the # is 50k, maybe someone can confirm/modify that number).

truvalue123
04-26-2017, 01:56 PM
C'mon, Steiner is not setting up another account to avoid reporting revenue...

kesseldawg
04-26-2017, 04:09 PM
As a follow up, Rob at Steiner was really cool and helped figure the situation out. It was a bunch of miscommunication internally and all is fine now and I actually ordered a second game used jersey of Chance Adams. Now all I need is for him to become a star for the Yankees!

Juicyfruit66
04-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Im pretty sure he's a member here who published 'the second tag' article, cause the jerseyguru is a guy named andrew who works for steiner.....i'll go out on a limb and say jerseyguru is likely gameusedguru. http://www.slamonline.com/tag/jersey-guru/

Andrew are you both gurus?

droop685
07-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Im pretty sure he's a member here who published 'the second tag' article, cause the jerseyguru is a guy named andrew who works for steiner.....i'll go out on a limb and say jerseyguru is likely gameusedguru. http://www.slamonline.com/tag/jersey-guru/

Sorry for the late reply but that's not My eBay account

droop685
07-15-2017, 10:51 PM

I haven't been on in months but a friend told me about this topic so I wanted to clear up any confusion with my name in it.