PDA

View Full Version : Signed game used jerseys worth more?

Cobhc777
04-14-2017, 07:40 AM
I'm not a huge game used collector, as it can be pretty spendy. However I was fortunate enough to get one of my favorite baseball players game used Jersey...Jake lamb of the Dbacks...To all you collectors, is it worth more if I had him sign it and inscribe game used, or is it better to just leave it be?

Birdbats
04-14-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm not a huge game used collector, as it can be pretty spendy. However I was fortunate enough to get one of my favorite baseball players game used Jersey...Jake lamb of the Dbacks...To all you collectors, is it worth more if I had him sign it and inscribe game used, or is it better to just leave it be?

You'll find in this hobby that for every person who likes their game-used stuff signed, there's someone who doesn't. For every person who prefers cracked bats, there's someone who only wants uncracked. If you get it signed, it'll be worth more to some people and worth less to others. So, do what makes you happy.

sox83cubs84
04-14-2017, 04:28 PM
You'll find in this hobby that for every person who likes their game-used stuff signed, there's someone who doesn't. For every person who prefers cracked bats, there's someone who only wants uncracked. If you get it signed, it'll be worth more to some people and worth less to others. So, do what makes you happy.

I second that. Sound and reasonable advice.

Dave Miedema

Buccaneer Madden
04-15-2017, 11:39 AM
I agree... do what YOU want not what others want. Plus if he's your favorite player then why worry about value if you will never sell it.

Cobhc777
04-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Very good point. All of my memorabilia is sentimental​ to me, some more than others. This is currently my first piece of game used in my collection. I just wanted other opinions. Thanks for the replies!

Buccaneer Madden
04-15-2017, 04:52 PM
I prefer mine unsigned (I do have 1 item that is signed) and I've actually passed on a few things on ebay that are signed so as to if autographs add value or not..... who the hell knows. :)