PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Auction possible problem pieces

sox83cubs84
04-11-2017, 09:35 PM
I can't get copy-and-paste to work on this site on my PC, so anyone who can post the appropriate pictures is requested to do so, with my appreciation.

The auction has a Juan Gonzalez Texas Rangers jersey with an odd-looking tail strip tag. The font looks a little off (the "9s" in the uniform number and the year don't match up) and the print is on an odd downward slant, rather than properly horizontal.

Second, there is a 1991 Kirby Puckett road Twins jersey that has the large red Rawlings tag in the collar. The tag was used in rare instances in 1990-91 by Rawlings, but I've never seen it on a Twins gamer...only on TBTC styles, such as 1990White Sox and 1991 Giants, Reds and Phillies).

Comments and feedback are appreciated. Heritage was notified on Friday, but no response has been received by my friend/spotter as of today.

Dave Miedema

Samets
04-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Also add the 1973-74 Bobby Douglass "game used" jersey.

We actually discussed this specific jersey(The loose thread on the jock tag matches) in the Chicago Bears thread except it had zero use and long sleeves! The sleeves have been cut and possible game use added.

HA has been contacted but I don't expect anything since things appear to be removed more so than added...

sox83cubs84
04-12-2017, 01:57 PM
There's also a 1986 A's Jose Canseco jersey with tags that appear to be resewn as well as an oddly faded flag tag.

Dave M.

GoCrazyFolks76
04-16-2017, 06:21 PM
I spoke with Jeff about the 1992 Ozzie Smith jersey:

1. It doesn't have the Cardinals 100 Year Aniversary patch (that they wore the entire year)

2. It isn't hemmed like Ozzie wore his jerseys.

Samets
04-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Update on the Bobby Douglass:

Chris Nerat reached out to me via e-mail and a follow-up phone call.

I explained my issue with the jersey. HA will decide what they want to do.

grandeleague
04-19-2017, 12:59 PM
There is a 1992 tom glavine and a 1992 deion sanders on auction as well. At first glance the tagging appears all correct. I did notice the "loose weave" on the "92" year tag on the jerseys. Compare the loose weave on those two year tags to the tight weave on the 1992 world series jersey of rafael belliard. The Belliard jersey was obtained directly from belliard. Notice the difference in weave on the tags? The belliard year tag is nice and tight. The jerseys on Heritage has a looser weave. Is this cause for concern? I am on the fence. Perhaps Dave M can chime in? Everything else about both jerseys appears correct. Size is correct for both guys.

grandeleague
04-19-2017, 01:02 PM
First is the year tag on the 1992 Deion Sanders. Notice loose weave on year tag especially on the numeral 9.

Samets
04-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Update #2 on the Bobby Douglass:

HA pulled the lot.

I'm sure it will be eBay bound in no time...

grandeleague
04-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Here is a 1992 world series gamer tagging on a rafael belliard jersey. Notice the very tight and neat sewing on the year tag. Is this simply a embrodiery variation or cause for concern?

sox83cubs84
04-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Here is a 1992 world series gamer tagging on a rafael belliard jersey. Notice the very tight and neat sewing on the year tag. Is this simply a embrodiery variation or cause for concern?

Overall, I don't think the thickness is, in and of itself, a problem. The extra thickness/weave on the Sanders could be the result f more wear and launderings than a World Series jersey with more limited use and cleanings.

Dave M.