PDA

View Full Version : April 2017 Pickups

GoCrazyFolks76
04-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Picked up another flannel on my never ending quest to get 1 flannel from every MLB team:

1969 Atlanta Braves home jersey - All original - Including Chief Noc-A-Homa patch and 100 year anniversary patch.

sox83cubs84
04-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Nice jersey! Your flannel collection is gaining new additions every week. Keep it up!

Dave Miedema

TigersCubs84
04-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Those patches are pretty cool. I like these flannel jersey's.

MyOhMy
04-02-2017, 02:53 PM
2008 Seattle Mariners Game Used Ichiro Suzuki Autographed Ball

http://i68.tinypic.com/15xr57t.jpg

dpmancuso
04-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Game worn shoes from Illinois basketball Forward Roger Powell from the Illini's remarkable 2005 Final Four season in which they went 37-2 and played in the title game.

These shoes were worn in all 6 NCAA Tournament games, as well as all 3 Big Ten Tourny games that year. Photo matching is quite easy as Roger wrote bible verses all over his shoes.

gorilla777
04-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Andrew Benintendi bat - great use, heavy tar

gorilla777
04-03-2017, 06:22 PM
1990 Robin Yount bat - got a GU 10

Number9
04-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Great Mike Lum flannel.

The major league baseball patch on the right sleeve has been restored though. I have seen this jersey on the forum before when it didn't have the patch. I remember it because Lum was my first favorite baseball player when I was a kid so it really stood out to me.
Still a great jersey, just passing on what I know.

ML

GoCrazyFolks76
04-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Great Mike Lum flannel.

The major league baseball patch on the right sleeve has been restored though. I have seen this jersey on the forum before when it didn't have the patch. I remember it because Lum was my first favorite baseball player when I was a kid so it really stood out to me.
Still a great jersey, just passing on what I know.

ML

ML,

Thanks for the heads-up. I was told that the patches were original, and they both appear original to me (not some $5 knock-offs), but I guess I didn't ask if they were restored or not.

Mark

STLHAMMER32
04-06-2017, 06:15 AM
Is it possible that the patch is on the other side if the sleeve was flipped over on that original photo from the forum?

GoCrazyFolks76
04-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Is it possible that the patch is on the other side if the sleeve was flipped over on that original photo from the forum?

Looking at the pinstripes in relation to the patch, it does look like the patch was sewn on later.

MyOhMy0534
04-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Felix Hernandez 2008 game used pitching glove. I believe this glove was used the entire 2008 season. Found a picture of him with the same glove for photo day during Spring Training 2009 then appears he got a new one for the World Baseball Classic. My new favorite item still cant believe I own it.

Number9
04-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Most 1969 jerseys from all teams have the MLB patch missing or restored.
One way you can usually tell if that patch is restored is the jersey will have a fold line going up the sleeve and shoulder but the patch does not have the fold line, or if it does they don't line up.

Still a great jersey. I have a pic of me as a 12-year-old getting Lum's autograph.

Number9
04-08-2017, 02:45 PM
double post; sorry

sherbal15
04-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Finally picked up an Oscar taveras jersey to finish off my display.

2015 Carlos Martinez jersey MLB auth to the day they honored Oscar taveras on may 31, 2015. Martinez pitched 7 innings, gave up 1 hit and struck out 8 in a victory

2014 Carlos Martinez model bat photomatched as used by Oscar to hit is last career regular season homerun.

The Ot road grey jersey is matched to the pics shown here. Haven't had time yet to circle everything on paint but these were "no doubters" when I started looking.

GoCrazyFolks76
04-10-2017, 11:52 AM
1958 Kansas City Athletics Flannel.

Originally worn by Walt Craddock and then had a number change to 45 (most likely when it was sent to the minors).

sox83cubs84
04-10-2017, 08:56 PM
I remember seeing that A's flannel somewhere before. Nice pickup!

Dave Miedema

Longroad23
04-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Orlando Arcia - First Opening Day 4/3/17 - Retro Pinstripe 4/7/17

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/DSC07254_zpszimsro2k.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/DSC07254_zpszimsro2k.jpg.html)

Brucefan32
04-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Not really a 2017 pickup ,but decided since I've been absent awhile to post a pic of my Jay Bruce Game used 2014 glove I picked up. His first Nike glove in the MLB.

JKD1991
04-11-2017, 11:07 PM
McCutchen bat from his MVP Season with a photo matched to his HR AB. Possibly tied to a 2nd HR as well.

JKD1991
04-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Josh Hamilton 2011 Jersey 3-5 with a HR. Shows great usage and used for other games with the loose stiching.

gorilla777
04-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Hank Aaron 1971 All Star Game used bat - his 1st ASG home run

From the famous game in Detroit, which had a total of 26 future Hall of Famers when including managers, coaches and umpires. It is most well known for Reggie Jackson's monster home run that hit off a transformer on the roof of Tiger Stadium, estimated to be about a 520 foot shot. The game was also the first to have two African American starting pitchers in Vida Blue and Dock Ellis. There were 6 total home runs in the game, all hit by future Hall of Famers (Johnny Bench, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson, Frank Robinson, and Harmon Killebrew). The top of the NL starting lineup was awesome, with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Joe Torre, Willie Stargell, Willie McCovey and Johnny Bench, in order. The bat came out of Detroit, where it resided for at least 30+ years, with provenance. This was Henry's 17th All Star Game appearance, but he had yet to hit a home run until he finally connected in this game with a deep shot to right center off Vida Blue of the A's (that year's AL MVP and Cy Young winner) in his second at-bat. It has a prominent 44 on the knob, good AS game use with about three solid ball/seam marks. This is the first of three bats I just recently picked up that are true favorites. A really nice and important bat, for the player I would still consider the home run king.

Ben

Masimen
04-15-2017, 05:05 PM

From the famous game in Detroit, which had a total of 26 future Hall of Famers when including managers, coaches and umpires. It is most well known for Reggie Jackson's monster home run that hit off a transformer on the roof of Tiger Stadium, estimated to be about a 520 foot shot. The game was also the first to have two African American starting pitchers in Vida Blue and Dock Ellis. There were 6 total home runs in the game, all hit by future Hall of Famers (Johnny Bench, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson, Frank Robinson, and Harmon Killebrew). The top of the NL starting lineup was awesome, with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Joe Torre, Willie Stargell, Willie McCovey and Johnny Bench, in order. The bat came out of Detroit, where it resided for at least 30+ years, with provenance. This was Henry's 17th All Star Game appearance, but he had yet to hit a home run until he finally connected in this game with a deep shot to right center off Vida Blue of the A's (that year's AL MVP and Cy Young winner) in his second at-bat. It has a prominent 44 on the knob, good AS game use with about three solid ball/seam marks. This is the first of three bats I just recently picked up that are true favorites. A really nice and important bat, for the player I would still consider the home run king.

Ben

Great pickup Ben! Congrats! Nice piece of history there.

sox83cubs84
04-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Ben, that might be the most noteworthy Aaron bat I've ever seen! Great work finding it and getting it.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
04-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Picked up a cracked LS GU bat of Robin Ventura with a team error name (Oakland Athletics). Ventura gave me a bat 16 years ago, and I kept it for several years until I had to sell it to cover one of my medical issues. I'm glad to have something of his again.

Dave Miedema

MyOhMy
04-15-2017, 10:10 PM
2017 Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano Game Used 40th Anniversary Ball MLB COA + COA from Mariners 4/14/17

This is the first Game Used item I have purchased, owned or obtained that is not autographed, would be willing to sell. Unique ball as these balls are only being used by the Mariners during their home games for the 2017 season and never again to commemorate their 40th season in the MLB.

FS:
http://i66.tinypic.com/jfi5ig.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2lk8hfk.jpg

Nnunnari
04-16-2017, 12:21 AM
Sweet Aaron bat Ben, let's see the other two pickups.

MyOhMy
04-16-2017, 01:15 PM
2017 Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano Game Used 40th Anniversary Ball MLB COA + COA from Mariners 4/14/17

This is the first Game Used item I have purchased, owned or obtained that is not autographed, would be willing to sell. Unique ball as these balls are only being used by the Mariners during their home games for the 2017 season and never again to commemorate their 40th season in the MLB.

FS:
http://i66.tinypic.com/jfi5ig.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2lk8hfk.jpg

Ball has sold. Thank you.

GoCrazyFolks76
04-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Incredible pickup Ben!!!

dangerzone79
04-16-2017, 09:15 PM

Ben

That's a real beauty!!! Congrats.

gorilla777
04-17-2017, 02:12 PM
That's a real beauty!!! Congrats.

Thank you, Dan and all you guys, appreciate it

gorilla777
04-17-2017, 02:13 PM
Sweet Aaron bat Ben, let's see the other two pickups.

Hey Nick, thanks..let me get them posted up here shortly...

gorilla777
04-17-2017, 02:37 PM
'69-'72 Roberto Clemente bat:

I picked up this Clemente bat that is just destroyed with use, has a real heavy pine tar application on the upper handle, scoring across the barrel and 21 on both the knob and barrel end. It's the most extreme bat of his I had ever seen, just love it, a real war club. It's supposed to be tied to the '71 playoffs, but no way to tell for sure. Clemente definitely went to using pine tar on the upper handle at the end of the 60's and into the early 70's. You can see it in the many photos from the '71 WS, especially. I had not found one close to this in the open marketplace, so thrilled to be able to get it.

Ben

gorilla777
04-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Few more of the Clemente...

Masimen
04-17-2017, 09:11 PM

I picked up this Clemente bat that is just destroyed with use, has a real heavy pine tar application on the upper handle, scoring across the barrel and 21 on both the knob and barrel end. It's the most extreme bat of his I had ever seen, just love it, a real war club. It's supposed to be tied to the '71 playoffs, but no way to tell for sure. Clemente definitely went to using pine tar on the upper handle at the end of the 60's and into the early 70's. You can see it in the many photos from the '71 WS, especially. I had not found one close to this in the open marketplace, so thrilled to be able to get it.

Ben

By far the nicest Clemente I have ever seen. Doesn't get any better than that! Glad I got to see it in person!

gorilla777
04-18-2017, 04:27 PM
By far the nicest Clemente I have ever seen. Doesn't get any better than that! Glad I got to see it in person!

Thanks again, Steve and good seeing you the other day to check out bats!

sox83cubs84
04-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Ben

Fantastic Clemente bat! I like the 2 1970 photos you used, too.

Dave Miedema

anthony3133
04-19-2017, 09:18 AM
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME pickups, Ben! Truly amazing Aaron and Clemente bats! Well done, Sir and thank you so much for sharing.

MyOhMy
04-19-2017, 05:56 PM
2016 Robinson Cano Seattle Mariners Game Used Autographed Batting Gloves.

Just received them in the mail today, could only trace these gloves to April 16-17th vs Yankees and April 21st agains the Indians during the 2016, will have to spend some time to try and photmatch them.

http://i64.tinypic.com/16igjyu.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/21ad74n.jpg

GoCrazyFolks76
04-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Milwaukee Brewers 1971 game worn flannel - Ellie Rodrigue

seanbaseball
04-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Milwaukee Brewers 1971 game worn flannel - Ellie Rodrigue

When u complete this mission will u be moving out of New York City to display them?:)

Masimen
04-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Was lucky enough to pry this Hank Aaron gamer from Ben (Gorilla777) last week. 69-72 PSA GU9 really nice use, some pine tar. A great example all the way around. Very happy to add this to the collection.

dangerzone79
04-20-2017, 03:50 PM
Awesome bat Steve. I may have to swing by some time soon to see all your new goodies!

Masimen
04-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Awesome bat Steve. I may have to swing by some time soon to see all your new goodies!

Thanks Dan! Anytime. You are always welcome to come on down.

Nnunnari
04-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Great pickup Steve, congrats!

MyOhMy
04-20-2017, 09:00 PM
2007 Yuniesky Betancourt Seattle Mariners Game Used Autographed Jersey MLB COA

http://i68.tinypic.com/2h3psgx.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/jl5j6p.jpg

emann
04-20-2017, 10:27 PM
'69-'72 Roberto Clemente bat: I picked up this Clemente bat that is just destroyed with use

Easily in the top 10 bats I've seen you post and there have been some great ones. Just an incredible pickup Ben, congrats.

toddhead
04-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Picked this up the other day.

sox83cubs84
04-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Steve:

Marvelous Aaron bat!

GCF76:

That's a nice Brewers flannel...good work.

Dave Miedema

dangerzone79
04-22-2017, 01:09 AM
This bat is not very special as far as collections go... but it's the sentiment behind it. It's a 2007 Brandon Moss bat, a year the Red Sox won the World Series. I collect Sox bats from the WS seasons. Another collector hit me up and told me he had this bat. I asked how much & he replied "No money. Just give me your address & I'll send it out." Now THIS is what the hobby is about. Helping each other out, doing a solid for someone you've never met. Too many people including many on this forum (you guys no exactly who you are) are in this just to turn a profit. Which is your right but it's gross & it somewhat ruining a pretty great hobby. You buy bats from other collectors, or from Fanatics, or Ebay/Auctions and then turn right around and ask for double the money. But whatever, I wanted to share my experience. It's inspired me to do the same thing & I sent out a bat this week for someone and didn't ask for a dime. Felt pretty good.

JKD1991
04-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Evan Longoria jersey from when he set the new Franchise HR Record for HR's. 2-3 HR and 4 RBI's.

TigersCubs84
04-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Ben

Great Aaron bat. I believe that's Bill Freehan behind the plate. He didn't catch that pitch though.

gorilla777
04-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Great Aaron bat. I believe that's Bill Freehan behind the plate. He didn't catch that pitch though.

Thanks
Yes, that is Freehan catching for the AL

41Evans84
04-23-2017, 08:01 AM
This bat is not very special as far as collections go... but it's the sentiment behind it. It's a 2007 Brandon Moss bat, a year the Red Sox won the World Series. I collect Sox bats from the WS seasons. Another collector hit me up and told me he had this bat. I asked how much & he replied "No money. Just give me your address & I'll send it out." Now THIS is what the hobby is about. Helping each other out, doing a solid for someone you've never met. Too many people including many on this forum (you guys no exactly who you are) are in this just to turn a profit. Which is your right but it's gross & it somewhat ruining a pretty great hobby. You buy bats from other collectors, or from Fanatics, or Ebay/Auctions and then turn right around and ask for double the money. But whatever, I wanted to share my experience. It's inspired me to do the same thing & I sent out a bat this week for someone and didn't ask for a dime. Felt pretty good.

Very cool Dan!!!

dangerzone79
04-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Very cool Dan!!!

Thanks. Just trying to spread some goodness around. Hopefully it'll catch on more.

Nnunnari
04-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Thanks for sharing Dan and I agree, the hobby needs more of this.

seanbaseball
04-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Few recent pickups.

Ozzie Smith Rookie gamer

Pujols 02/03 with hammered use and deep stitch impressions....thanks to Tim Byington for this one

Frank Demaree 1943/43 game used bat with vault mark. Like this one for a few reasons
1. old bats are just cool
2. 1943 he played for the Cardinals
3. 1944 he played for the Browns.
4. Trying to put together 1944 Browns and Cardinals teams sets and this is the first one. Long Long way to go!

Longroad23
04-26-2017, 06:39 AM
Eric Thames Brewers Debut/Opening Day. (4/3/17)

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/Thames_zpsvxzkeu1i.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/Thames_zpsvxzkeu1i.jpg.html)
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/Thames1_zps13aywekl.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/Thames1_zps13aywekl.jpg.html)
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/23packers/Thames2_zpsafusvb7j.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/23packers/media/Thames2_zpsafusvb7j.jpg.html)

dangerzone79
04-27-2017, 03:21 AM
Thanks for sharing Dan and I agree, the hobby needs more of this.

You're kinda one of the guys already doing it. So thank YOU and keep it up as well!

BirdsOnBat
04-27-2017, 11:35 AM
Evan Longoria jersey from when he set the new Franchise HR Record for HR's. 2-3 HR and 4 RBI's.

That's one of the cooler photomatches I've seen. Great jersey.

Preston
04-28-2017, 03:51 PM
A couple new additions to my Titans collection.

davetiki
04-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Finally tracked down some Thome Indians bats. Thanks to the GUU members who helped make this happen.

Nnunnari
04-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Congrats Dave, not an easy find these days.

TigersCubs84
04-30-2017, 07:15 PM
That Thome Red Ring is outstanding.

slab0meat
05-06-2017, 08:12 PM
2017 Spring Training Frazier

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4176/34456334046_3ae899417a_z.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4164/34456334086_e9bf8e4f94_z.jpg