PDA

View Full Version : For Resale?

memorabiliaunlimited
03-31-2017, 08:05 AM
i sent a message to the mods using the "contact forum moderator" option, but no one responded after almost a week so ill post the question here.

i know this is the "collector to collector" classifieds, and i dont want to break any rules. that said, if a member is attempting to sell an item, and it has gone unsold for some time, with it falling off the first page and/or with a number of "bumps" to bring it back to the top, would it be acceptable for someone (me, whoever) to buy the item in order to resell it? i do not want to post items for sale here, i just want to be able to purchase items that have gone unsold for some time. i think that if the item has sat for awhile, and the purchaser is upfront with the buyer with that their intentions are, allowing a transaction to take place benefits everyone involved.

a mod response and forum members' opinions are welcome and encouraged. thanks.

TNTtoys
03-31-2017, 10:56 AM
Hello,

I am not sure how you sent a message to moderator, but I can assure you that I never received one.

I don't see anything wrong with your intention to purchase items to resell them. If another forum member wants to sell an item, has a specific price in mind for that item, and you offer to pay him what he wants for that item, I am sure he will be happy to have sold it. What you do with the item after you buy it is your business (unless you plan to cut it up and put the pieces on cards!! :eek:).

Nick

dougiedshow
03-31-2017, 12:34 PM
I agree with Nick, you can buy items with whatever intentions you'd like. Feel free to buy my unsold items first. :) I'll look into why the link is broken, thanks for the heads up.

Doug

memorabiliaunlimited
03-31-2017, 01:16 PM
thanks for the responses.

i didnt want to get kicked off the site if i bought an item off here and then people saw it on ebay. i know i cant post items sold through my business here (as opposed to items in my personal collection), but i am glad to know i am able to purchase and resell. thanks again!