PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs Game Jerseys Weird Sizes?

dwolfe12345
03-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Don't know if this had been discussed but I have seen a high volume of Spurs post 9/11 jerseys with the Red, White, and Blue ribbon showing up on eBay lately. They are usually Duncan or Robinson jerseys and are very odd sizes like 54 + 4. From everything I've seen Robinson and Duncan never wore these sizes. They seem to be blank jerseys turned into high end players. Most are coming from New Jersey and Hong Kong. People are now getting them signed and trying to sell them for thousands of dollars. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and get opinions.

sox83cubs84
03-18-2017, 11:23 PM
I've seen a few of these and other nearby years over the last several months, and the sizes aren't concerning me of many of them, but I've spotted several of them that, when style-matched to the player, have the wrong color scheme in the spur at the bottom of the U in SPURS, and on many the wrong color scheme on the entire team name. I've probably rejected 4 or 5 like that I the last 6 months.

Dave Miedema

astizzle
03-19-2017, 03:09 AM
Hi,

I can confirm this - an unusual amount of 2001/02 jerseys and I could not photomatch one, which is odd regarding the tons of pictures available.
Byuers should definitely be careful.

Best, Alex

sox83cubs84
08-25-2017, 11:11 AM
I found another Spurs oddity that ISN'T related to 2001-02 jerseys: I recently viewed two different styles of Spurs silver alternate jerseys (one with the SPURS name on the front, and one with just the U-shaped spur logo) and both had decided issues with where the numbers were located. One had the front number off to the left when it should have been centered, and the other was vice-versa.

Dave M.