PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Seller!!! and always remember to do your homework!!!

suave1477
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Dear Members yes I got caught in a scam on ebay and maybe I can chalk it up to a learning experience but unfortunaltey my pockets were not happy!!!

You can say it was my fault i should have done my homework but the seller also mislead and then ripped me off.

SELLERS NAME ON EBAY - chumpchange343

He was selling a Game Used Dodgers Strawberry helmet I was the winning bidder, the only problem was it was a 1994 helmet Strawberry was no where near the Dodgers in 94 he was with the Giants.
What gave it away was when I received the helemt it has the gold mlb logo anniversary sticker on it which was in 1994. Yes the sticker was shown in 1 picture on the auction which i overlooked but when i receieved the helmet, noticed the sticker and brought it to the sellers attention and said i wasnt comfortable with the authenticity of it he said not a problem return the helmet and i will send you a refund. So I sent it back 2 weeks went by and no refund I sent him a message asking for the refund he said it will be out today a week goes by again no refund. I questioned him again and he says "oh well too bad i decided not to refund you" / at this point there was nothing i can do because too much time has lapsed for ebay to do anything.

EVERYONE BECAREFUL OF THIS SELLER AND PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS INCIDENT PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

kylehess10
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow, that's ridiculous. The helmet probably wasn't even close to game used anyways; there was no #44 on the team in 1994

kylehess10
02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I e-mailed the seller and questioned him about the helmet and this whole ordeal and he replied saying:

"I did not rip him off. The helmet was legit. Darryl Strawberry goes to my church and he said it is his. I am going to have him sign it, when I see him again. Anyways I played pro ball myself and I know a real helmet from a fake. About the sticker these things changes hands so many times, Who knows who had it. I sold Darryl's helmet with the out the ear flaps earlier in the year, and had no problem. I told him the helmet is his, when I got the helmet back it looked liked it was worn, and I told him I could not give him a refund. I told him I would send the helmet back to him, but that wasn't good enough. The only reason why he wanted a refund was he couldn't get the money he thought he was going to get for the helmet. So it is not really my fault. I don't rip people off I had a 100% feedback until he messed me up. But it is no big deal I really don't sell on ebay, only buy so you can tell everyone the real story or post this for me thanks."

suave1477
02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I e-mailed the seller and questioned him about the helmet and this whole ordeal and he replied saying:

"I did not rip him off. The helmet was legit. Darryl Strawberry goes to my church and he said it is his. I am going to have him sign it, when I see him again. Anyways I played pro ball myself and I know a real helmet from a fake. About the sticker these things changes hands so many times, Who knows who had it. I sold Darryl's helmet with the out the ear flaps earlier in the year, and had no problem. I told him the helmet is his, when I got the helmet back it looked liked it was worn, and I told him I could not give him a refund. I told him I would send the helmet back to him, but that wasn't good enough. The only reason why he wanted a refund was he couldn't get the money he thought he was going to get for the helmet. So it is not really my fault. I don't rip people off I had a 100% feedback until he messed me up. But it is no big deal I really don't sell on ebay, only buy so you can tell everyone the real story or post this for me thanks."

Wow I can say this is a blatlant lie!!!

Everyone pay close attention to what he says here!!!

1) he said it changes hands so many times who knows who had it??? Uh hello he just said it was Strawberrys!!!
2)He said the helemt was mine and when he got it back it looked like it was worn??? Uh helllooooo again you sold it as game used!!! and the condition didnt change at all from the pictures he took
3) Told me he could not give me a refund??? then why would i sent it back to him in the first place??? if he is saying it looked more worn when he got it back and contacted me, then thats another lie becuase he never once contacted me i had to contact him after 2 weeks went by and never received a refund when he agreed to giving me a refund.

HERES THE BIGGEST JOKE OF ALL HE RELISTED IT BACK ON EBAY WITH THE SAME EXACT LISTING/PICTURES AND SOLD IT TO SOMEONE - SO IF I CHANGED THE CONDITION OF THE HELMET WHY WOULD YOU LIST THE SAME EXACT PICTURES AGAIN???? - BETTER YET IF YOU RELISTED IT BACK ON EBAY AND SOMEONE BOUGHT IT, HOW CAN YOU OFFER TO SEND IT BACK TO ME????

LIKE I SAID YOU DO THE MATH AND YOU CAN SEE THIS GUY IS JUST TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

suave1477
02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
EVERYONE BEWARE!!!

I NOTIFIED HIM THAT I WAS LETTING PEOPLE KNOW WHAT HE DID HE JUST CHANGED HIS EBAY NAME

BEWARE OF SELLER - shinyquarters

suave1477
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
EVERYONE YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS !!!!

Here is the ebay sale after I sent it back to him

Here is an email I just got from him

"I myself have played professional baseball, and I think I know a real game helmet from a fake. Like I said before the helmet is yours if you want it"

HOW CAN HE OFFER IT TO ME NOW IF HE ALREADY SOLD IT 2 WEEKS AGO??? LIKE I SAID HE IS A LIAR!!!

R. C. Walker
02-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Strawberry WAS with the Dodgers in 1994 but on the disabled list before being released on May 26th. He was then picked up by the Giants.

suave1477
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
R.C. Walker thanks for the info i know that, but i was just trying to make a point that the helmet should show practically no use at all, that helmet was hammered with use. Strawberry was on the disabled list and released in May to the Giants,

Which he had no at bats with the Dodgers in 94.

Had 92 at bats with the Giants in 94.

kingjammy24
02-12-2007, 10:52 PM
the seller is in california? or arizona? "darryl strawberry goes to my church".

i thought straw lives in missouri?

http://www.insidestl.com/mckernan/index.php?storyid=208

rudy.

kylehess10
02-12-2007, 11:38 PM
The seller has unregistered

suave1477
02-13-2007, 12:29 AM
KingJammy your absolutely correct which was going to be my next point also. Darryl has been living in Missouri now for about a year I beleive and when I spoke with him he told me there is a church there that he likes which I beleive is also mentioned in the article you pointed out Rudy, he said he likes it there, its peaceful.

It must be one huge church that stretches out to California lol lol

Kylehess good catch!!! funny how the seller gets caught and now is unregistered

I am sure he will pop back up on ebay under a new name, eveyone keep an eye out for the Dodgers Darryl Strawberry helmet!!!

beavisrules
02-13-2007, 12:51 AM
suave1477, did you pay by credit card? even though it's been over 60 days, most credit cards will give you up to 90 days to file a complaint. If you kept the documentation, especially the "I decided not to give you a refund" blatant response, your credit card company should be willing to put a "hold" on the payment, and potentially do a chargeback (which would be a legit reason for a chargeback since you returned the item and the seller confirmed receiving it back).

My guess is the seller has probably closed up shop on paypal anticipating this move. So what? Get your money back from paypal this way, and let paypal go after the seller. Paypal stole my money when a buyer used a stolen credit card to buy a jersey from me, and I never got a cent of it in the end, nor the jersey back, so I have no respect for paypal anyway.

Sorry if I vented a bit about paypal and their bogus manuevers - I have no respect for them.

suave1477
02-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Beavis thanks for the advie unfortunately I paid cash through paypal and paypal gives you only a limited time to request your money back and unfortunately now too much time has passed.

suave1477
06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
DEAR MEMBERS THIS SELLER IS BACK WITH THE SAME HELMET AND THIS TIME HE REMOVED THE ANNIVERSARY STICKER

MEMBERS I BEG OF YOU BEWARE THIS IS A FAKE!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

HE KEPT MY MONEY AND TILL THIS DAY HAS NOT REFUNDED ME BACK AND YET HE IS SELLING THE HELMET AGAIN

THE FUNNY PART IS HE SOLD IT AGAIN AFTER I SHIPPED IT BACK TO HIM TO GET A REFUND LOOKS LIKE THE SECOND BUYER RETURNED IT TO HIM AND I WONDER WHO HE SCREWED OUT OF MONEY THIS TIME

Here is how I know it is the same seller
1) From the same location when I originally bought it
2) same exact helmet showing same use
3) And I emailed the seller earlier today and asked how he got it and this was his story sound familiar?????

"well I use to play professional baseball myself antoine cameron with the cubs in the minors. Anyways he Darryl Strawberry was at my church a couple of times and I told him I played, he signed a baseball for me and gave me his Dodger helmets. I don't know why I didn't have him sign the helmets but it was like a last minute thing when he went to his car.... "

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SAME HELMET BEING SOLD AGAIN ON EBAY!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-DARRYL-STRAWBERRY-DODGER-GAME-HELMET_W0QQitemZ200231134961QQihZ010QQcategoryZ501 17QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jgoldstein2000
06-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Unbelievable... I wish we could do something to stop this guy.

kj33706
06-16-2008, 08:25 PM
for the record strawberry DOES live in st.louis mo. i do know this for a fact, so that seller says he goes to church with him he better live in stl..... sorry to hear you got ripped off, i only got ripped of on this forum once and its sucked........ the bad thing about it was it was something i had really wanted very badly and a dead beat took my money and i eventually got it back and bashed him on here so he finally sent it back I HATE DEAD BEATS

nate
06-16-2008, 08:26 PM
you could always file against him in small claims court. it might get him to send the money.

suave1477
06-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Even though in my mind I think i spent a decent amount of money on this helmet I dont think it would be worth to go through all the stress of the legal action to be taken especially since he is all the way in California.

But i do appreciate the thought. I am more just put right pissed at this point and dissapointed that he is trying to sell it again and another person is gonna end up getting ripped off.

DonTheLegend
06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
the church Darryl goes to is about 10 minutes from my house.

i work with a gentleman who attends this very same church.

....the church happens to be "on a rock"

unless Strawberry attends multiple churches in multiple states, (and among other bogus things about this auction) this guy is FOS.

ironmanfan
06-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Suave, when you had the helmet in your possession, did you happen to take note as to what date the "manufacturing wheel" read?

suave1477
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Ironman actually I think I did but when this actually started and I bought this helmet it was about a year and a half ago. If you even check the date when I first started this thread you can see. Since then I have moved and so many papers are in boxes im not sure where it is. But as you can see this same seller for over a year is still trying to pass this item off it was by mere chance I happend to notice this helmet this morning I count believe after a year and a half he was tring to sell it again.

suave1477
06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Well the seller sold it again for $132

MRMusial
06-20-2008, 10:54 PM
I can't believe this guy is getting away with this stuff...

Sorry Suave. :(

Dali.coll
08-24-2017, 12:34 PM
I purchased two (2) Cowboys footballs from this seller. After the purchase was complete, the seller refunded my money and re-listed EACH ball for $85 more than what I paid for them. Another person later purchased one of these particular footballs, seller never shipped to him resulting in another negative feedback. As it turned out, I found out thru an eBay network that the seller has a record of selling fake game used items and has had numerous complaints regarding his accuracy within his item descriptions. Dates and codes did not match up on my end.