PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

both-teams-played-hard
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
4. All messages and images posted on the site will belong to Game Used Universe.

How long has this been a forum rule (disclaimer)? I have posted several photos from my personal collection on this site. Photos that I have taken and some that I own the original negative. I posted these in good faith, not realizing that I was giving away rights. I think any court would honor the "Forum Rules" as legally binding. I posted the photos for collector use and never thought anyone would try to "claim rights", or want to. I realize that it is very easy to download photos from the internet, but "claiming rights" is more difficult.
Did anyone else realize by posting photos, that you are giving ownership to Game Used Universe? I encourage all forum members to read the rules.

34swtns
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Settle down, Paranoid Floyd! I think this falls into a "spirit of the law versus the letter of the law" category. I'm quite sure it wasn't (and isn't) the admins' intent to steal the rights to anyone's photos. The rule is most likely intended to discourage unscrupulous individuals from stealing the content of the site and using it for their own personal gain, i.e photos of legit items used in ebay auctions to sell fake items. Not like we haven't seen that happen before, right?!

both-teams-played-hard
02-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Settle down, Paranoid Floyd!

Nice use of rhyme. However, your joke is now property of Game Used Universe, Inc. and all of their subsidiaries, therein.

34swtns
02-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Nice use of rhyme. However, your joke is now property of Game Used Universe, Inc. and all of their subsidiaries, therein.

Oh well.....
But wait. As I look upward, I can see that the sky IS actually falling.

(They can have that one, too). :rolleyes:

jessicawinters
02-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Good one, 34!