PDA

View Full Version : Experts

both-teams-played-hard
01-28-2017, 12:12 PM
I have been collecting game used jerseys for more than thirty years. I have a huge knowledge of jerseys and styles, as well as tagging history. What more do I need to do to refer to myself as an "expert".

Thanks in advance for your replies.
When did anyone realize, that they are indeed an expert?

I am a Christian. Does that give me some priority?

thanks again

Phil316
01-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Interesting post. I have seen others call themselves experts with way less knowledge.

Dewey2007
01-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Warren, I think you just need to add "Expert" to your forum signature!

This is an interesting question so I will defer to the experts out there to jump you into their circle if they see fit. I do know that you have always been more then willing to help folks on this forum, myself included, with your years of knowledge. If part of being an expert is willingness to share that knowledge then you have that part down.

I have been collecting game used jerseys for more than thirty years. I have a huge knowledge of jerseys and styles, as well as tagging history. What more do I need to do to refer to myself as an "expert".

thanks again

commando
01-28-2017, 02:48 PM

thanks again

Until there's an accredited course of study somewhere that makes one a Game Used Expert, I'll go with longtimers like you any day.

Many collectors specialize in one area... I myself own a couple dozen Houston Gamblers jerseys, several helmets and other equipment, plus have analyzed many others. Safe to say I know a few things about the Gamblers. My secondary knowledge is with 1980s uniforms in general, though I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the subject.

G1X
01-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Warren,

I wasn't sure whether you were being completely serious or had your tongue planted firmly in cheek. For what it's worth, I have always considered you an "Expert", especially on durene jerseys and older tagging issues. Anthony is by far an "Expert" on Houston Gamblers as well as in other areas, and Dewey is an "Expert" on all things Cal Bears and Bay Area related. I will also add that all three are great guys who have always been a pleasure in my communications with them over the years.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

both-teams-played-hard
01-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted. It is cool to see this many forum members still active! Anybody feel free to contact me with questions about tagging history, durene or anything else. This forum was a great invention by Eric those years ago. It definitely accomplished what he was trying to do. I know who to contact with different areas of knowledge. My personal faith has nothing to do with collecting. I said this because of my anxiety with the way my country is now. I love you guys who've i've met on this forum.
Good luck and be healthy!

love,
Warren

cjw
01-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Both-teams...rocks! And is an expert.

Swoboda4
01-29-2017, 11:41 PM
You definitely should get priority with Angels, Saints and Padres items.

admin_old
01-30-2017, 06:43 PM
I know I appreciate you guys! If you're interested in contributing some articles to an Expert section, let's talk about it!

Doug

dougiedshow@aol.com

NYRangers
02-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Warren,
Sent you a private message.
Thanks,
John